Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

Discus and support Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have about a dozen XBox One consoles in a game room that will never have internet access. They are connected to a LAN, but not the internet. I need... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnBarrett089, Aug 22, 2019.

  1. Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source


    I have about a dozen XBox One consoles in a game room that will never have internet access. They are connected to a LAN, but not the internet. I need to be able to update them regularly. I know there is an offline USB option, but I don't believe that is
    officially supported. Is there an app or other way to point these to a local update repo so they can update over the LAN from the local source? Or any other ideas?

    :)
     
    JohnBarrett089, Aug 22, 2019
    #1
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

    Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

    Hi JohnBarrett089,

    Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In regard to updating the Xbox One consoles that are not connected to the internet, you may use the offline system update (OSU1)file to attempt to update them as best as possible as it
    is officially supported and maintained by Microsoft. Please bear in mind that the OSU1 file is usually the last stable console update and may not be the most recent update.

    However,
    offline system updates
    are normally something that you would perform as a troubleshooting step if your Xbox One cannot update itself when connected to the internet, which would be the best way to get the latest update. It is also wise to take the consoles
    online to receive updates to any games that you have currently installed for better performance of the titles. If possible, you may also try taking each console online to update one at a time to get the latest update(s) for the console and games.

    Even if you
    set your console for offline play
    , the activities your Xbox must be online for include:

    • Playing games and apps that require the internet
    • Syncing game progress and playing saved games from a different Xbox
    • Using social features like friends, messages, and parties
    • Shopping for games, add-ons, movies, and so on
    • Updating games, apps, and your Xbox console

    I hope that this information helps out and please let us know if you have further questions.
  3. JohnBarrett089 Win User

    Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

    Thank you for the response. Unfortunately there is no way to connect these to the internet. We perform the initial setup with internet connection from our primary location and then ship the consoles to the remote locations. There is physically no internet
    connection to the location. There is only a LAN to connect the consoles together. No outside connection.

    For the PCs we have a local WSUS that we point them to for updates. Is it possible to setup something similar for XBox updates?
  4. ArminatorX Win User

    Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

    While you can update your console via USB offline, be aware that you will HAVE TO connect the consoles at least ONCE to set them up for the first time.

    Without the one time internet connection you can't set up your consoles for the first start.

    After you set them up, you can simply update them offline via USB.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

    Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

  6. XBF Brad A Win User

    Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

    Hi John,

    Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, there is nothing like that for Xbox updates. There is no way of downloading the Xbox updates on a PC. Even the offline update is taking console to original OS. It will still need an update afterwards to maintain the
    current version of the OS.

    Thanks,

    Brad
Thema:

Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

Loading...
  1. Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source - Similar Threads - Need perform updates

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  5. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  6. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  7. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  8. Xbox next gens console we need Xbox cups in Fortnite and better performance

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox next gens console we need Xbox cups in Fortnite and better performance: Can yall add Xbox cups in Fortnite like PlayStation so we can compete and also can yall add tweaks like PlayStation players for less delay we don’t have anything we need stuff for less delay we...
  9. I need to know why in the last performance they took my kin in Fortnite

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to know why in the last performance they took my kin in Fortnite: I need to know why in the last performance they took my kin in Fortnite 06f6da7c-8985-46bb-b0e1-01d3c419ed42
  10. Series S need wifi to perform fast?apps taking forever to open

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S need wifi to perform fast?apps taking forever to open: Just moved into new place and ever since I unpacked my series s,I don't have internet at the moment,the system has been very wonky.before when I had internet it felt like the fastest console and...