Need to connect a controller when trying to join someone

Discus and support Need to connect a controller when trying to join someone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It says I need to connect a controller when I try to join someone else after I get an invite. It doesn't happen when I normally stream a game, but when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SHasan513, Jan 21, 2023.

1. SHasan513
    SHasan513 Guest

It says I need to connect a controller when I try to join someone else after I get an invite. It doesn't happen when I normally stream a game, but when I try to join someone through an invite or their profile it says I need to connect a controller.

In the image you can see I am cloud gaming with a controller, but when I get an invite it says I need to connect one
    Need to connect a controller when trying to join someone [​IMG]

Need to connect a controller when trying to join someone [​IMG]

:)

SHasan513, Jan 21, 2023
  2. SHasan513 Win User

I tried uninstalling the Xbox app and resetting it. I am on Windows 10. This only started happening after I updated the Xbox app
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, try to check if your PC has the updates for the latest version at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SHasan513, what device would you be trying to play Xcloud on, PC, console or mobile device?

Have you tried any procedures, if so, which ones?
  5. TopCat xx Win User

lets start a club

Please can someone help me? I'm trying to join a friends club, but when I go to accept the invite, I get a message saying that I can't join due to my xbox live parental controls. My xbox doesn't have any parental controls set up on it, and I've no idea
    if I'm just missing something somewhere regarding the xbox live controls. It was the same when I tried to create a club on TDU2, it said I wasn't allowed. Can anyone help me? It's really beginning to annoy me and I don't fancy spending half an hour waiting
    to be connected to a support guy @.com. Thanks
  6. доя советс Win User

My Minecraft on Xbox won't load pass Locating Server

perhaps someone is preventing you from joining, i know that sounds silly but sometimes connections for whatever reason do not agree for example when i used to play GTA

friend 1 would join and friend 2 couldn't join me

they would invite me each-other until both of them reset and it finally worked

try hosting a world to test your connection , if the same exact issue happens to someone else try joining the world before them see if that fixes it or try telling them to reset

these problems are confusing and make zero sense i am sure with trial and error you will fix it
Thema:

1. Need to connect a controller when trying to join someone - Similar Threads - Need connect controller

2. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  3. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  4. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  5. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  6. Need help connecting xbox console to the app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help connecting xbox console to the app: I cannot connect my Xbox to the app I click connect a new console and it says click yes or something idk on the console but it just doesn't show up pls help b27e6254-30b5-459a-9e98-3853694d4b79
  7. Xbox Alchemy Needed: Connectivity Enigma

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Alchemy Needed: Connectivity Enigma: I trust this message finds you amidst the pixelated realms of triumph. Alas, my cherished Xbox, the gateway to my digital adventures, has encountered a vexing adversary—connectivity issues. In...
  8. How to connect Xbox controller to my pc when it needs to be updated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect Xbox controller to my pc when it needs to be updated?: My Xbox series S|X controller needs to be updated, but I cant connect it to my pc with a USB cable because it says USB device not recognised by windows, my pc doesn't have Bluetooth so I cant...
  9. What's going on with controller connectivity and can I fix it or do I need a new controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's going on with controller connectivity and can I fix it or do I need a new controller?: I was browsing Microsoft edge when my series s controller started have severe input lag and then stopped responding to all input except the home button but it would go straight to the **** off...
  10. Need help with controller connectivity.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with controller connectivity.: I have two Xbox Series S controllers that worked fine then at the same time they stopped connecting. When I turn them on there is one long flash that is bright then on long dim flash, thus repeats...