Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...

Discus and support Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do I switch the linkage from my Microsoft account to my sons? My Microsoft account has to remain with me. Thanks in advance.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EddyGHasChops, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...

How do I switch the linkage from my Microsoft account to my sons? My Microsoft account has to remain with me.

Thanks in advance.

:)

EddyGHasChops, Apr 2, 2020
  2. bowski477 Win User

Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not loose progress/data

You can change the email address associated with a Microsoft account by following the steps on this support page https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

This is the only way to give him complete control of the Xbox account and all his progress. The account is still technically the same MS account though.

Warning When removing an email alias that’s a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from the systems and can no longer
    be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft does not recycle email addresses, so it may not be reclaimed at a future time.

1. Sign in to your account using your existing alias and password.
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. Select the alias that you want to remove.
      • If it’s a primary alias, you’ll need to select a new primary before you can remove the old one. To do so, select one of the other aliases on the account and select Make primary.
      • You’ll use this new primary alias to send and receive emails, access your email accounts, and appear on devices
    5. To remove the email address or phone number you no longer want, select Remove next to it and then follow the instructions provided.

Add a new alias on your Microsoft account

1. Sign in to your account using your existing alias and password.
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. You may be asked to verify your account before changes can be made. Follow the instructions provided to select your alias:
      • Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. You’ll be returned to the previous screen. Select Verify and
        follow the instructions provided.
      • Or, select Add phone number. Enter the phone number you want to use, and then select Next. When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code in the text message, and
        then select Next.
        Note Email addresses and phone numbers that are already an alias on another account can’t be used.
  3. fitzy010109 Win User

No active gamer profile

Hi Ricardo.

Thanks for the reply.

The xbox does have 2 accounts on it, mine and my sons. (Mine is simply on there so he has access to game pass etc)

But the moment the xbox is turned on, it logs my sons account in automatically. Is this what you mean?? Or do i have to do something else aswell?

also, my sons account is under a child account so he doesnt have an email address added to it. Will this be causing a problem? if so, can i somehow add an email adress to it??

Thanks
  4. karinawilliams2 Win User

My son is moving out and wants to change the account into his name?

Hi, Thank you so much for your reply, can he change the email address linked to his gamertag? So he can then take it on himself And if so what would that mean for my other son on the account?

Thanks

Karina
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Account split

6. brownski1 Win User

Help for son playing with friend on Minecraft

Hi, thanks for your reply.

When I click that link it asks me for an email address. Is this for my son's account or mine? Something I noticed on our xbox is that my two younger sons have gamertags but their email addresses are not connected to these, and I can't find a way to link the two without it trying to create a new gamertag for their emails.
Thema:

Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...

1. Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not... - Similar Threads - Need change gamertag

2. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17
  3. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  4. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  5. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  6. I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias": I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old emails inbox. That account was hacked and I do...
  7. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  8. I need to pay for changing the Gamertag

in XboX Insiders
    I need to pay for changing the Gamertag: The last time I changed Gamertag was like 3 years ago, and I still need to pay 9.99$ CAD? Should be free after a year submitted by /u/Willblanc [link] [comments]
  9. I changed my gamertag almost 35 hours ago and it still hasn’t changed, what do I need to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag almost 35 hours ago and it still hasn’t changed, what do I need to...: I changed my gamertag almost 35 hours ago and it still hasn’t changed, what do I need to do? Have this happening on two accounts right now, thanks in advance! 7b8b2f71-aec8-4fbf-8537-266b1a96b09a
  10. I don’t have a name change and I need one cuz my friend changed my gamertag with out me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don’t have a name change and I need one cuz my friend changed my gamertag with out me...: My friend come over when I was playing xbox and he changed my username when I went downstairs and now I have no name changes so I need another one could someone help me please...