[NEED QUICK ANWSER] Transfer data from X1 to Hard Drive while Black Screen

Discus and support [NEED QUICK ANWSER] Transfer data from X1 to Hard Drive while Black Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a problem with my xbox since today's update: Stuck at Black Screen, after all solution failing, i founded a new one that i didn't want to use:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zen'o sama, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Zen'o sama
    Zen'o sama Guest

I have a problem with my xbox since today's update: Stuck at Black Screen, after all solution failing, i founded a new one that i didn't want to use: Factory Reset... Sadly i think its the only way to be able to play with my X1 again, so.. normally , all my games data are saved in the cloud, but to be sure i don't lose any, i want to transfer all my X1 data to a Hard Drive, my question is: Is it possible to do that when i don't see anything but a black screen?

:)

Zen'o sama, Jul 10, 2021
  2. jedi master1974 Win User

hard drive problems

hello

just formatted my hard drive and its still saying unformatted i think my hard drive is broken and needs replacing

if i buy a new hard drive or Xbox do i need a data transfer cable to transfer from hard drive to hard drive?

but at the moment there is nothing on my Xbox hard drive to transfer
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Content transfer

Something else to try is power the xbox off, remove the hard drive you're transferring the data from, connect the data transfer cable to the xbox and power on, once the xbox reaches the dashboard connect the hard drive you're transferring the data from to
    the data transfer cable.

-

If you are asked at all to configure the hard drive do not proceed any further, third party cables will wipe all the data and make the drives useless as xbox hard drives.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Question About buying a Xbox

The transfer cable is only needed for transferring data from one hard drive to another. So if you were transferring your game saves from your old xbox hard drive, then you would need a transfer cable or flash drive. Otherwise, you can just follow GreyPilgrim's
    advice and you'll be all set.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Quertion about Hard drive Transfer

Make sure the transfer kit you're ordering is an official Microsoft transfer kit. Third party transfer kits have a nasty habit of frying the new hard drive and they aren't covered under the Microsoft warranty. Even if someone says it's official just a
    little tidbit to know - while transferring data, if the screen pops up with something to the effect of "you need to reformat the hard drive to continue" you know it's not an official kit and you should stop immediately.
  6. usc1903-F36EA084-687 Win User

HDD ( Hard Drive ) not detected in my Xbox 360

To transfer data from one Xbox 360 hard drive to another, you’ll need the following:

• Xbox 360 console
    • Current hard drive (must be smaller than the new drive)
    • New hard drive (Leet recommends 120GB or 250GB)
    • USB pen drive (Leet recommends two 16GB devices) or Microsoft Xbox 360 data transfer kit
    Follow these steps to transfer your data:

Using an Xbox 360 data transfer cable

This is ideal for transferring data from an old hard drive to a new drive on an Xbox 360 Elite console.

1. Connect your old hard drive to your new Elite console.

2. Turn the Xbox on and connect the big end of the transfer cable to the bigger hard drive.

3. Plug in the USB end of the cable to a USB port on the Elite 360.

4. Insert the bundled disc into your Elite and follow the steps.

5. When the transfer is done (it may take up to an hour or so), disconnect the smaller hard drive, turn off your machine and plug in the new hard drive. Viol .

Transferring without an Xbox 360 transfer kit

We recommend this method for installing a new hard drive onto an old-style Xbox 360.

1. Switch on your Xbox 360 console and insert a USB pen drive.

2. Press the Xbox guide button on your controller and head to the far-right menu. Select ‘Memory’.

3. Select the pen drive and follow the steps to format it if you need to (make sure you transfer any important files to a computer before wiping it).

4. Press Y to transfer data, then select the data you want to transfer (make sure you choose your gamertag profile, system settings and any game saves you want to keep).

5. Once the data has been moved to the USB pen, remove the drive and turn off the Xbox 360, before unplugging it from the mains and removing any cables attached to the console.

6. Remove your old hard drive. Place your 360 vertically and push in the button to the left of the hard drive, then remove.

7. Insert your new hard drive. Ensure it clips in correctly.

8. Plug in your 360 again and switch it on.

9. Insert the USB pen drive with your data on it.

10. Go to ‘Memory’ and select the pen drive. Transfer all the data across to your new hard drive.

11. If you need to transfer more data from your old hard drive, turn off the machine again and plug in your old hard drive. Turn it on, transfer more data to the USB pen drive, and repeat steps 5 to 10.

12. You may need to transfer ownership rights of any downloaded content to your new hard drive. A prompt will flash up on screen if this is the case – follow the steps online to transfer rights to your new hard drive.
    Note: You can only do this once every 12 months.
Thema:

1. [NEED QUICK ANWSER] Transfer data from X1 to Hard Drive while Black Screen - Similar Threads - NEED QUICK ANWSER

2. Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume: Many games do not handle quick resume well, especially online only games. For those games, the Quick Resume feature adds a process of quitting out of the game manually each time prior to opening...
  3. Hello, I need help as quick as possible!

in XboX Insiders
    Hello, I need help as quick as possible!: I'm looking into buying an XBOX Series S lately, and I want to know if downloading games for free requires any kind of subscription. I'd also like to know if paid games needs a subscription, too....
  4. Quick Resume need ability to turn off globally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quick Resume need ability to turn off globally: Hi quick resume is a great idea but it doesn't work in practice and is causing more problems than it's worth. Examples: Immortals Fenyx Rising. After Quick Resume game plays fine but cannot be...
  5. In need of quick and effective help. I'm a 13y who mostly plays ps4 but I love forza so I...

in XboX Insiders
    In need of quick and effective help. I'm a 13y who mostly plays ps4 but I love forza so I...: Hey. Any help possible needed. This is probably not believable. But recently i got the l got the sesto elemento (legendary version) in a wheel spin. So the day after i claimed the money and bought...
  6. Oh the irony! Need to report a problem for the Report a problem. (Quick console reset fixed...

in XboX Insiders
    Oh the irony! Need to report a problem for the Report a problem. (Quick console reset fixed...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Getouttamytree1 [link] [comments]
  7. Selective Quick Resume on Games than they don't need.

in XboX Insiders
    Selective Quick Resume on Games than they don't need.: Is there any way to select which titles can use Quick Resume? I play a lot of Apex and Warzone and those games really dont need the QR. submitted by /u/Haggald [link] [comments]
  8. Please. I need it of quick!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please. I need it of quick!: Hello Xbox. I want to cancel my Xbox Game Pass Subscription but when I go to cancel it, it says I have already paid for it and they will not be able to give me a refund so I am unable to cancel...
  9. Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port): I've had this issue for a few weeks now where occasionally the screen would flicker or I'd get odd distortion. Finally, a couple days ago I'm no longer getting a signal to the TV. I've tried...
  10. Account info lost: NEED QUICK HELP

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account info lost: NEED QUICK HELP: Hi guys, I need some help really badly... I just bought an Xbox One S finally! But ofcourse I wanted to transfer my old 360 account to my new one, So I went on and got to the login screen,...