Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume

Discus and support Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Many games do not handle quick resume well, especially online only games. For those games, the Quick Resume feature adds a process of quitting out of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Douglas Green, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume

Many games do not handle quick resume well, especially online only games. For those games, the Quick Resume feature adds a process of quitting out of the game manually each time prior to opening it again in order to avoid errors. Instead, it would be nice to simply prevent the game from ever being stored by the Quick Resume process. A flag against each game would be ideal.

:)

Douglas Green, Sep 8, 2022
  2. Sedgeman Win User

Which is why it doesn't work. Can't get my head around Microsoft not understanding how people use it's product. People turn of electrical devices, lots of reasons not least of which is choice. Halo is a great example of quick resume making a once fun past activity, frustrating.
  3. Xorg4121 Win User

I just swapped out my 2 new S consoles back to my old beat up first gen Xbox One's because of Quick Resume. Why can't there just be an option to remove it permanently from the games we as users select? Until this is possible I will just deal with my old Xbox One's many shortcomings. Makes no sense. Please fix this Microsoft.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Douglas, For online games the Quick resume really "closes" the game.

Because every time you enter, the game needs to keep the connection active with the servers, not being possible to leave it on standby.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Quick resume

Hello, begsback. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

You can try to remove games from the quick resume feature. To not use quick resume when on standby:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

- Select System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

- Under Quick resume, toggle the setting to Off.

To remove games from the quick resume:

- First, click on the Xbox button on your Controller, then “My games & apps”.

- You will locate the list of games that are currently used in the feature Quick Resume.

- Head to the game with the quick resume saved states that you are looking to remove.

- In the highlighted game on your controller hit the Menu button (a small button with the 3 horizontal lines icon) to open up the pop-up menu.

- Now in your pop-up menu, click on “Remove from Quick Resume”.

If you want to submit a feedback for the Xbox team to remove the quick resume feature or to have an option to complete turn it off, please use the Feedback Hub app. It is currently the best choice available for us players. Here on the community forum we are only users. We do not work for Xbox.

If you have any question, please let me know.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Not Working on Xbox Series X

To not use quick resume when on standby:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

- Select System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

- Under Quick resume, toggle the setting to Off.

To remove your game from the quick resume:

- First, click on the Xbox button on your Controller, then “My games & apps”.

- You will locate the list of games that are currently used in the feature Quick Resume.

- Head to the game with the quick resume saved states that you are looking to remove (in this case, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion).

- In the highlighted game on your controller hit the Menu button (a small button with the 3 horizontal lines icon) to open up the pop-up menu.

- Now in your pop-up menu, click on “Remove from Quick Resume”.

See if this helps and please let me know.
Thema:

1. Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume - Similar Threads - Need Options Permanently

2. "The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match."...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match."...: I have checked that my account and everything is set to the U.S and that my billing methods are also set to the U.S. However, it still keeps saying the same message. Also, I am in the U.S...
  3. The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match: I am having issues trying to get XBox game pass to play online with friends. I live in Bermuda and the region is set to United States, Bermuda was not an option....
  4. Need sleep timer option for controller

in XboX Insiders
    Need sleep timer option for controller: I get that controller goes to sleep after 15 min of inactivity to preserve battery but it gets mildly annoying when you take little break and come back and I use the rechargeable battery pack so I...
  5. The only option when trying to start a repair order is accessory but I need it for the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The only option when trying to start a repair order is accessory but I need it for the console: I'm trying to start a repair order for my Xbox series s but the only option that appears is accessory. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get my console fixed....
  6. The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match.: i live in australia i have everything set to australia and its still not working paypal, credit card everything i tried any help? fefe1d98-995f-4daf-9792-ca607ebe1bf6
  7. I need to submit a report with a video file and can't find the option

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need to submit a report with a video file and can't find the option: I encountered a toxic situation while streaming on twitch in which 2 users instant spammed me over 100 party invites each, causing the stream to not be heard, maliciously attempting to ruin my...
  8. the region in which your payment option was issued and your store region need to match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the region in which your payment option was issued and your store region need to match: I just got the Xbox series s… now I’m trying to subscribe to game pass ultimate but i keep getting the error message of “ the region in which your payment option was issued and your store region...
  9. The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. It...: The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. It is U.S. I want to change into Europe, Netherlands. dee20550-5936-477f-a526-1c8e0ef03b02
  10. We need an in app mic sensitivity option

in XboX Insiders
    We need an in app mic sensitivity option: I hate having to go into windows settings whenever I need to switch from discord to xbox, my mic is too sensitive on Xbox submitted by /u/Le__Epic [link] [comments]