Need Honest Feedback

Discus and support Need Honest Feedback in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, here's the deal: I just signed up for a new credit card that offers me $200 cash back if i purchase a certain amount within 3 months. I have always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KoliMEGA, Jan 1, 2014.

1. KoliMEGA
    KoliMEGA Guest

Need Honest Feedback

So, here's the deal: I just signed up for a new credit card that offers me $200 cash back if i purchase a certain amount within 3 months. I have always been an avid xbox fan, so I already know I will be buying the One eventually. But Should I buy the system
    now, or wait closer to the end of those 3 months? I'm worried that an upgraded system will be released in the near future, and I will be stuck with a glitchy one. Is this possible, or will the updates be purely software?

Also, I will be putting the one in my bedroom. I have a 50" right in front of my bed, so I will be about 10' away from the kinect. Will it work from this far? And will it work if i am laying down, compared to sitting up?

Should I wait it out, or buy now? Thanks mates!

:)

KoliMEGA, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Chris227
    Chris227 Guest
    Xbone Questions

Appreciate the honest feedback
    Need Honest Feedback [​IMG]
    I will try the controller first I may end up liking it

Chris227, Jan 1, 2014
  3. ToxicWolf03
    ToxicWolf03 Guest
    Xbox beta iOS iPhone

please sign me up and let me beta test really appreciate it and will give back honest feedback

ToxicWolf03, Jan 1, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

Need Honest Feedback

[quote user="KoliMEGA"]I'm worried that an upgraded system will be released in the near future,[/quote]Why? Consoles are fixed performance devices. There will be no change to the Xbox One's core performance characteristics until the next new console launch
    in 5-8 years.
    Purely software.
    Yes.
    No idea. Sitting up should work since it would be similar to sitting in a chair. Voice will work.

IceStorm III, Jan 1, 2014
  5. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    Wait it out, don't go in to debt, unless you are being savvy and just want to get your hands on $200 in which i applaud you, but to be honest there is not alot really happening with the one its not screaming next-gen its just whimpering at the minute, we
    been sold a dream but Microsoft have yet to wake up and make it happen, people say it will get better, i would wait til it does

nowaysis, Jan 1, 2014
  6. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    [quote user="nowaysis"]

Wait it out, don't go in to debt, unless you are being savvy and just want to get your hands on $200 in which i applaud you, but to be honest there is not alot really happening with the one its not screaming next-gen its just whimpering at the minute, we
    been sold a dream but Microsoft have yet to wake up and make it happen, people say it will get better, i would wait til it does

[/quote]Experience will differ from gamer to gamer. For me I don't feel that way and fully enjoying the games I've got and looking forward to the games that will come out.

DWoodbine, Jan 1, 2014
  7. KoliMEGA
    KoliMEGA Guest
    I am just being savvy lol. I wont go in debt over it, just figured i'd get it for $200 off. And i agree with waiting, thats what I planned to do, but I only have 3 months now before that deal ends. I doubt anything will change in three months though so i
    might as well get it

KoliMEGA, Jan 1, 2014
  8. Need Honest Feedback

In three months you will have the same console for the same price as now. If you have a CC offer like that, why not take it? It's your decision to pay the balance off or not so Im not chiming in on that.

-

As for performance: Received mine from MS Canada early Dec. Download went flawless and fast, 10 mins after plug in I was messing around on the dashboard. I find the dashboard user friendly and easy to navigate. My first game install (Ghosts) took 8 mins
    and I was playing. My 360 progress carried over 100% to my X1. DR3 has worked 99% for me; it has dropped me into the home page but only after I paused the game for a long (overnight) period of time and resumed. This has happened twice to me. Once calibrated
    the Kinect works well. Currently playing Lego Marvel with out one glitch at all. So overall, if you are ready to buy one, then go for it. It is a great system and a upgrade from 360. This is my two cents, and my personal experience with my X1.

TwinnedIsland, Jan 1, 2014
  9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="KoliMEGA"]I doubt anything will change in three months though[/quote]There _might_ be a Titanfall limited-edition console. If you're not enamored with Titanfall then no real reason to wait. If you want a Titanfall console, though, I'd wait until
    February 11th to see if one is announced.

IceStorm III, Jan 1, 2014
  10. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    Unless there is a game(s) that you really want to play now, I'd wait. I'm confident that in 3 months there will be fewer bugs, more features and more games.

---

And the Kinect will not pick up hand gestures if you are laying down, but will still hear voice commands.

Zero Divided, Jan 1, 2014
  11. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    The best advice you've been given so far is "don't go into debt".

Buy it with the card if you can afford it pay the card off immediately.

Othewise don't be a sucker and spend money you do not actually have.

Azrael008uk, Jan 1, 2014
  12. KoliMEGA
    KoliMEGA Guest
    thanks for all the input-- now theres just one question left-- where the hell to find a pdp kinect mount?!

KoliMEGA, Jan 1, 2014
  13. Need Honest Feedback

If I was getting £200/$200 off the price of an Xbox One I wouldn't be hesitating for a second. The console is awesome and at the price you're paying i'ts a steal. The only issues are some rough edges in the UI and some online problems with certain games
    but the console is still a great bit of kit and is definitely next gen in my eyes.

Dangerous Alan, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Azrael008uk Win User

Need Honest Feedback

The best advice you've been given so far is "don't go into debt".

Buy it with the card if you can afford it pay the card off immediately.

Othewise don't be a sucker and spend money you do not actually have.
  15. TwinnedIsland Win User

Need Honest Feedback

In three months you will have the same console for the same price as now. If you have a CC offer like that, why not take it? It's your decision to pay the balance off or not so Im not chiming in on that.

-

As for performance: Received mine from MS Canada early Dec. Download went flawless and fast, 10 mins after plug in I was messing around on the dashboard. I find the dashboard user friendly and easy to navigate. My first game install (Ghosts) took 8 mins
    and I was playing. My 360 progress carried over 100% to my X1. DR3 has worked 99% for me; it has dropped me into the home page but only after I paused the game for a long (overnight) period of time and resumed. This has happened twice to me. Once calibrated
    the Kinect works well. Currently playing Lego Marvel with out one glitch at all. So overall, if you are ready to buy one, then go for it. It is a great system and a upgrade from 360. This is my two cents, and my personal experience with my X1.
  16. KoliMEGA Win User

Need Honest Feedback

I am just being savvy lol. I wont go in debt over it, just figured i'd get it for $200 off. And i agree with waiting, thats what I planned to do, but I only have 3 months now before that deal ends. I doubt anything will change in three months though so i
    might as well get it
  17. nowaysis Win User

Need Honest Feedback

18. Zero Divided Win User

Need Honest Feedback

Unless there is a game(s) that you really want to play now, I'd wait. I'm confident that in 3 months there will be fewer bugs, more features and more games.

---

And the Kinect will not pick up hand gestures if you are laying down, but will still hear voice commands.
Thema:

Need Honest Feedback

1. Need Honest Feedback - Similar Threads - Need Honest Feedback

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. I need some advice

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need some advice: Okay so I've got a problem I'm a Fortnite YouTuber and i made friends with some rather toxic people who recently have been causing me problems they are trying to destroy me asking me to go and...
  5. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  6. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  7. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  8. Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?

in XBoX on Windows
    Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?: I keep getting an email notification that credentials are needed to sign into my account . I have checked my sign in activity and someone in China is trying to continuously log in to my account....
  9. Honest Opinion: Forza Horizon or Need for Speed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Honest Opinion: Forza Horizon or Need for Speed?: I know everyone has their own opinions. I am now asking you to openly (and appropriately) give your opinion on Forza Horizon (any game 1-4) or Need For Speed (any game). You can talk and debate...
  10. Need honest people to play with! For Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need honest people to play with! For Xbox One: Looking for Comrades and Partners in Crime Add me so i can have someone to do heists, missions or just muck about in Los Santos with. I will also soon need people to play Rainbow 6 Siege with...