Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

Discus and support Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JacobGgamer, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

[TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same outcome. I was wondering if anyone knows how to change picture size on an Xbox or if anyone knows a way I could fix this issue. thanks in advance

submitted by /u/JacobGgamer
    [link] [comments]

/u/JacobGgamer, Jan 13, 2022
  2. ClausReich Win User

Edge Of Eternity screen Safe Area

Hello MaxxHeadroom336! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

You most likely need to adjust the screen size, which can be done by going to your Xbox's Settings > General > TV & Display options > Calibrate TV. Press Next until you get to the Aspect Ratio & Sharpness screen. At that screen, go to your TV's settings and change the aspect ratio.
  3. BeastBadshah Win User

Overscan

From the Xbox home screen navigate to Settings >> All Settings
    >> Display & sound >> Video output >>
    Calibrate HDTV,
    and select Next until Aspect ratio and Sharpness is displayed on the screen. If you cannot see the green line on the edge of your screen, Use your TV settings to change the Aspect Ratio or picture size to show the green
    line at the edge of the screen.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues.

Hi

Having a look around the internet it seems like you need to set the picture aspect ratio to wide on your television to turn off overscan. If this does not work I would also try possibly setting it to 16-9 ratio.
  5. Falkon(2) Win User

Best display settings?

[quote user="BeAr GrYlLs 619"]

I set my 360's resolution to 720p because i feel like games run smoother (my tv's native resolution is 1080p). Now though, a good portion of the screen is cut off and nothing in my tvs picture settings is able to fix that. Is this how it has to be on 720p?

[/quote]Sounds like you have some overscan issues. If that's the case you would need to adjust your picture settings on the TV accordingly. Some names manufacturers label the button that would change that are: P Size, Format, Wide Mode, Aspect, etc. Once
    you find the button that adjust aspect ratio just toggle through the different options until the picture is no longer cut off. Hope that helps.
  6. Awxafy Win User

Aspect ratio help

wow ... it is MAY of 2014 ... and this STILL HASN'T BEEN RESOLVED!? ... this must be just too much to handle
Thema:

Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

1. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox - Similar Threads - Need help picture

2. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  3. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  4. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  5. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  6. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  7. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  8. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  9. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  10. Need help with xbox app gamer picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with xbox app gamer picture: Hi I been using the Xbox app to change my picture but now when I change my picture it starts to move choppy and the circle moves delayed and it isn't Smooth like before so it's harder to put my...