NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

Discus and support NEED HELP WITH GOOSER in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I totally suck at this. Arc Cannon ... Chain Gun ... I have 8 kills total and need four more to get the achievement and move on from Gen 5. It's the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Metal DJ, Oct 8, 2014.

  1. Metal DJ
    Metal DJ Guest

    NEED HELP WITH GOOSER


    I totally suck at this. Arc Cannon ... Chain Gun ... I have 8 kills total and need four more to get the achievement and move on from Gen 5. It's the only thing that's plagued me in this game.

    :)
     
    Metal DJ, Oct 8, 2014
    #1
  2. Next year is the year of the zombies

    Lol @ Mia. Silly goose.

    Season 3 is announced? I still need to play season 2 doe.
     
    Defy Lightning, Oct 8, 2014
    #2
  3. KilaRoach
    KilaRoach Guest
    Gen 5 Gooser Challenge Tips

    Here are a few essential tips to help with the infamous Gen 5 Gooser Challenge

    and a bunch of silliness thrown in for fun.

    [View:]
     
    KilaRoach, Oct 8, 2014
    #3
  4. RIMike
    RIMike Guest

    NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

    I feel your pain. It took me about 7 or 8 weeks to get this after I reach Gen 5 Level 50. I ended up getting it with the chain gun on Last Titan Standing. If I saw 2 titans going at it I wound hang back a bit and help my team mate in trying to down the enemy
    titan. Then hopefully he would eject and I would use the chain gun to try and shoot him out of the sky.

    Good luck!
     
    RIMike, Oct 10, 2014
    #4
  5. Metal DJ
    Metal DJ Guest
    I finally got the last four in last titan standing with the chain gun. It was a grind though. It's tough to know where to aim.

    I almost had to wait for a different titan to doom it, then wait for the pilot to eject to make sure I had a full clip.
     
    Metal DJ, Oct 13, 2014
    #5
  6. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    I find it easiest with the arc cannon, even though I use the capacitor so the cannon will only fire when it's fully charged. The aim is a little forgiving with that weapon, plus it's a one hit kill (at least with the capacitor).

    As a pilot, I use the carbine. I find it good for goosers because it's got decent range, not too much of a kick, plus it holds a decent amount of ammo.

    The tips I would give are: -

    1. Get used to spotting gooser opportunities.

    2. Make sure you're at a good distance from the titan. If you're too close it can be tough to get a gooser.

    3. Get used to the arc that the pilot travels in when they eject. I find it best to shoot just as the pilot is reaching the top of the arc, as then they're slowing down, they hang in the air for a brief moment as they hit the top of the arc, then they start
    to fall. During that point you can pop them with the arc cannon or get enough hits in with the chain gun or your pilot weapon.

    An alternative approach is to rodeo a titan until it's doomed and the pilot ejects, which will fire you up into the sky too. There's a couple of videos on YouTube showing people doing this, although personally I find it harder than doing it the normal way.

    Here's a couple of goosers I got in a game of Last Titan Standing on one of the new IMC Rising maps: -



    The first one is with the arc cannon, and the second is against a cloaked pilot while I'm on the ground as a pilot using the carbine. With the first one, I'd say that's about the perfect distance you want to be back from the titan when the pilot ejects as
    it gives you a pretty easy shot when you get used to the arc that the pilot travels in. If you're too close, you'll be trying to shoot straight up in the air pretty much and it can be easy to lose sight of where the pilot is.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Oct 14, 2014
    #6
  7. pourya360
    pourya360 Guest
    i am using arc canon and snipers for that challenge.it is tough but i think i can manage that
     
    pourya360, Oct 18, 2014
    #7
  8. NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

    I'm currently on my 8th regen and that was my hardest challenge to date. But once you get it down its easy. I got my first gooser with my pilot using the entry level assault rifle and it was because the guy that ejected didn't cloak himself. I then got
    my second one using the arc cannon. I didn't get another one until I was at lvl 40 and I began to sweat cause the arc cannon wasn't cutting it and if the pilot cloaked I couldn't get a gooser with the pilot again for nothing. So when I finally finished my
    arc cannon challenge I switched over to the chain gun. I finished the remainder of this challenge with the chain gun with extended mags.

    I just layed back and let other titans doom enemy titans and I would pick off pilots at a distance. I got what I needed plus an additional 10 goosers between lvl 49 and 50. Best gooser setup chain gun, extended mags on story mode or attrition. Most low
    level players stick to those modes.
     
    Red KillMachine, Nov 1, 2018
    #8
  9. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

    I find it easiest with the arc cannon, even though I use the capacitor so the cannon will only fire when it's fully charged. The aim is a little forgiving with that weapon, plus it's a one hit kill (at least with the capacitor).

    As a pilot, I use the carbine. I find it good for goosers because it's got decent range, not too much of a kick, plus it holds a decent amount of ammo.

    The tips I would give are: -

    1. Get used to spotting gooser opportunities.

    2. Make sure you're at a good distance from the titan. If you're too close it can be tough to get a gooser.

    3. Get used to the arc that the pilot travels in when they eject. I find it best to shoot just as the pilot is reaching the top of the arc, as then they're slowing down, they hang in the air for a brief moment as they hit the top of the arc, then they start
    to fall. During that point you can pop them with the arc cannon or get enough hits in with the chain gun or your pilot weapon.

    An alternative approach is to rodeo a titan until it's doomed and the pilot ejects, which will fire you up into the sky too. There's a couple of videos on YouTube showing people doing this, although personally I find it harder than doing it the normal way.

    Here's a couple of goosers I got in a game of Last Titan Standing on one of the new IMC Rising maps: -

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=720s5T6n2tw

    The first one is with the arc cannon, and the second is against a cloaked pilot while I'm on the ground as a pilot using the carbine. With the first one, I'd say that's about the perfect distance you want to be back from the titan when the pilot ejects as
    it gives you a pretty easy shot when you get used to the arc that the pilot travels in. If you're too close, you'll be trying to shoot straight up in the air pretty much and it can be easy to lose sight of where the pilot is.
  10. RIMike Win User

    NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

    I feel your pain. It took me about 7 or 8 weeks to get this after I reach Gen 5 Level 50. I ended up getting it with the chain gun on Last Titan Standing. If I saw 2 titans going at it I wound hang back a bit and help my team mate in trying to down the enemy
    titan. Then hopefully he would eject and I would use the chain gun to try and shoot him out of the sky.

    Good luck!
  11. Red KillMachine Win User

    NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

    I'm currently on my 8th regen and that was my hardest challenge to date. But once you get it down its easy. I got my first gooser with my pilot using the entry level assault rifle and it was because the guy that ejected didn't cloak himself. I then got
    my second one using the arc cannon. I didn't get another one until I was at lvl 40 and I began to sweat cause the arc cannon wasn't cutting it and if the pilot cloaked I couldn't get a gooser with the pilot again for nothing. So when I finally finished my
    arc cannon challenge I switched over to the chain gun. I finished the remainder of this challenge with the chain gun with extended mags.

    I just layed back and let other titans doom enemy titans and I would pick off pilots at a distance. I got what I needed plus an additional 10 goosers between lvl 49 and 50. Best gooser setup chain gun, extended mags on story mode or attrition. Most low
    level players stick to those modes.
  12. Metal DJ Win User

    NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

    I finally got the last four in last titan standing with the chain gun. It was a grind though. It's tough to know where to aim.

    I almost had to wait for a different titan to doom it, then wait for the pilot to eject to make sure I had a full clip.
  13. pourya360 Win User

    NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

    i am using arc canon and snipers for that challenge.it is tough but i think i can manage that
Thema:

NEED HELP WITH GOOSER

Loading...
  1. NEED HELP WITH GOOSER - Similar Threads - NEED HELP GOOSER

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  6. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  7. Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It: my console booted into the troubleshooting screen and I cannot bypass it. Here are my system details:System Error: E106 00000009 80070002 my os:26100.8569 My Console id:...
  8. Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help: I would like to post a picture of the issue but i cant so ill put it in the comments submitted by /u/Round_Adagio8815 [link] [comments]
  9. XboxGaming weird need help thanks

    in XboX Insiders
    XboxGaming weird need help thanks: Couple of months ago I received a document on Xbox, kind’ve like a contract, had a % to something with a list of people/programmers. I was not totally sure what it was and if I selected the right...
  10. Error update E101 ( I need help))

    in XboX Insiders
    Error update E101 ( I need help)): My Xbox is stuck on version 26100.8530.amd64fre.xb_fit_2606ge.260513-2200. And the OSU release is 10.0.26100.8064 (xb_flt_2605ge.260429-2200). Will there be an osu! update available? Xbox via USB...