Need help with external hard drive.

Discus and support Need help with external hard drive. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought a Seagate 2tb hard drive. I've formatted and currently using it on my xbox one to play games. For some apparent reason it isnt letting me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MannyTheeThug36, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Need help with external hard drive.

Bought a Seagate 2tb hard drive. I've formatted and currently using it on my xbox one to play games. For some apparent reason it isnt letting me download games it says to download on to xbox. I tried going offline canceling installation but nothing. Can
    anyone help please.

:)

MannyTheeThug36, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Need Help With External Hard Drive

If you're trying to play a game that states that it requires a hard drive, then you need an official MS Xbox hard drive. External hard drives will only be seen as USB storage. The Xbox hard drives have system files on them that those games are looking for.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

It sounds likely that it's still set to the default of your internal being your default storage for everything to go to. I had to go into my setting when I hooked up my external a while ago and actually change it, so try that. That would be the first troubleshooting
    I would try and may likely fix the problem. Sometimes when you hook up an external, it doesn't automatically switch over so that it becomes your default and you have to go in and do it manually instead.
  4. LMG GRINCHY Win User

Alternatively you can also try plugging it into a different USB port, but make sure you have formatted it correctly, as FAT32 is used for game storage whereas NTFS is used for media storage.
  5. Irixion Win User

Need Help With External Hard Drive

Your Hard Drive is not a Hard Drive. That helps us how? If you're talking about connecting it to a PC, you won't be able to view some files on the HDD.
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

The your External Hard Drive is USB 3.0 ? Try go in Settings > System > Storage to see if your Hard Drive show up
Thema:

1. Need help with external hard drive. - Similar Threads - Need help external

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  4. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  5. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  6. I need help with my Xbox one x.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with my Xbox one x.: It's an Xbox one x, I was playing my game and it shut off on me and now only turn on for a couple of seconds before it turns off. You can hear something happening inside the Xbox, idk what to do...
  7. I need help with this headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with this headset: I have a problem with my wireless RAZOR headset, out of nowhere it just doesn't work at all. None of the buttons do anything and the light has been green for 3-4 hours. I don't what what to do...
  8. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  9. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....
  10. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...