Need help with controller connectivity.

Discus and support Need help with controller connectivity. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two Xbox Series S controllers that worked fine then at the same time they stopped connecting. When I turn them on there is one long flash that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by temp22, May 30, 2023.

1. temp22
    temp22 Guest

I have two Xbox Series S controllers that worked fine then at the same time they stopped connecting. When I turn them on there is one long flash that is bright then on long dim flash, thus repeats nonstop. Repairing does not salve the problem, neither does power cycling. Both have new batteries as well and both controllers are updated. Strangely enough both controllers will still turn on the console, but after that there is no visible function. I am not sure what to try next. Xbox tech support is useless.

:)

temp22, May 30, 2023
  2. Internet Expert Win User

NEED HELP CONTROLLER WILL NOT CONNECT

Backward compatibility starts with the permission of the original game developer/publisher. Activision will have to give their okay to Microsoft before it is released for backward compatibility.

This article shows all of the possible troubleshooting steps you can take when the Xbox 360 controller is having trouble syncing with the console: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects-frequently-or-ca...

Worst case: if you have exhausted all of the steps in the article and it still doesn't work, the controller will have to be replaced.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened. We will do our best now to sort this out.

May I know how did you repair your controllers as what you've mentioned above?

When did the issue start to occur? Was it after an update or what?

To isolate the issue, try connecting your controllers to your console using a USB cable. You could also try a different USB cable to be sure.

Also, did you power cycle your console not just your controllers?
    Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for few minutes. Plug it back in and turn it on again.
  4. NaZoooom Win User

2 controllers for 2 players minecraft

5. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox 360 Controllers not syncing

Hi Koseezy,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Here is a guide for connecting 360 controllers. Have you tried connecting these controllers
    with a USB? You may need to do a
    system rollback
    , but you need a controller to connect.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. SuperAussieMan Win User

comment connecté une manette xbox sur pc portable -[Translation - how to connect an xbox controller on a laptop]

Hi

to connect a controller to a pc you need to plug the controller into the computer using a USB cable or phone charger

Hope this helps :)
Thema:

1. Need help with controller connectivity. - Similar Threads - Need help controller

2. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  3. Help with Xbox controllers needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox controllers needed: Hi all, so for the last few years or so. I’ve been Encountering this very weird “ bug “ with all my Xbox controllers I use. My sticks ( in particular the right one ) is almost unusable. It moves...
  4. I need help with my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my controller: I got the white Powera advantage controller lumectra today 30 mins ago and in the powera hq app it said it needed an update and know the paddles won’t work 58b492ad-3445-4579-a4e7-3062a9b9de1f
  5. I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...: I don't know what is going on but when I am playing games and use my joystick (either right or left) to lool around, it will continue turning my player that way even if I have stopped using the...
  6. Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Technical support about my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 c7177218-1886-4ec6-904e-e1f21281d9b5
  7. Need help with controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with controller replacement: I sent my controller for repair and received it back still broken. Tried creating a new repair request but through the Microsoft devices page which doesn’t allow you to select a shipping address....
  8. Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.: I previously sent my controller to be repaired a couple weeks ago as the left bumper was becoming unresponsive. I received it back and the left bumper was working but after a few days of use the...
  9. I need help with a nintendo controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with a nintendo controller: So i have heard about drivers for a nintendo switch pro controller to pay xbox games , i currently dont find it i want to use my switch pro controller to play gang beasts with my cousins....
  10. Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller: I just bought a new xbox series x controller, on registering the device warranty is showing as already expired. I want to update the warranty from the date of my purchase. I tried reaching out to...