Need help with configuring USB!

Discus and support Need help with configuring USB! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am one of those guys who are still on the xbox 360. : ) I need help to buy a new USB. I had one but I lost it. The new one I'm going to buy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PranavSourav, Jan 18, 2021.

  1. PranavSourav
    PranavSourav Guest

    Need help with configuring USB!


    Hello, I am one of those guys who are still on the xbox 360. : )

    I need help to buy a new USB. I had one but I lost it. The new one I'm going to buy is a Sandisk
    Cruzer Blade 64GB
    .

    So I have one Cruzer Blade at home its 8gigs but when I connect it to the Xbox it is not being recognised. I formatted it on the PC to FAT32 ( It was already FAT32) but still not connecting. I saw here that you need to format on the Xbox 360 so I tried to
    do so but didn't get detected. I formatted the old USB on the PC and it worked BTW.

    So can anyone say will this one work?

    Thanks in Advance!

    Also please don't suggest buying a new HDD, the Series X|S or the Xbox One. Those are unheard of, where I live.

    :)
     
    PranavSourav, Jan 18, 2021
    #1
  2. Cyber0xide Win User

    usb configure

    Yes, just delete the Xbox folder withing the USB, it may be hidden though.
  3. Squeezit Win User

    usb configure

    Plug the USB Drive into your computer, go to My Computer, or Computer in the start menu (depending on what Operating system you use)

    Right click on your USB Drive that you have configured for use with your xbox, and click Format.

    That's all you need to do. :)
  4. dainja raas Win User

    external storage devices

    your welcome,you will need to configure the usb but you`ll get on-screen prompts to help,it`s no drama ,all straight forward.
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

    On dorm internet. Can't connect with ethernet cable

    You need to use a USB that hasn't been configured to the Xbox. Once you configure it, the xbox basically reserves all the space on it for Xbox use effectively filling it up. so either format the USB stick or use another one.
  6. Irixion Win User

    USB configuration issues

    USB drives no longer need to be 'configured' Microsoft ditched their annoying an inefficient format in favour of just using FAT32 and dynamic file creation so you can use your drive for other things. There is no more configure option on the dashboard as
    part of the new update. To use your storage, you'll have to format it on the Xbox 360.

    tl;dr, the USB format has changed and you need to format your drive on the Xbox to use it.
Thema:

Need help with configuring USB!

Loading...
  1. Need help with configuring USB! - Similar Threads - Need help configuring

  2. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  3. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  4. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  5. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  6. Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It: my console booted into the troubleshooting screen and I cannot bypass it. Here are my system details:System Error: E106 00000009 80070002 my os:26100.8569 My Console id:...
  7. Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help: I would like to post a picture of the issue but i cant so ill put it in the comments submitted by /u/Round_Adagio8815 [link] [comments]
  8. XboxGaming weird need help thanks

    in XboX Insiders
    XboxGaming weird need help thanks: Couple of months ago I received a document on Xbox, kind’ve like a contract, had a % to something with a list of people/programmers. I was not totally sure what it was and if I selected the right...
  9. Error update E101 ( I need help))

    in XboX Insiders
    Error update E101 ( I need help)): My Xbox is stuck on version 26100.8530.amd64fre.xb_fit_2606ge.260513-2200. And the OSU release is 10.0.26100.8064 (xb_flt_2605ge.260429-2200). Will there be an osu! update available? Xbox via USB...
  10. Need help with Rocket league, xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help with Rocket league, xbox: I bought a Rocket League pack from Xbox because I received a gift card, and to use it, I bought the pack on the Xbox store, thinking about redeeming it with Cloud Gaming, but I discovered that...