Need help using my phone as a remote with xbox app

Discus and support Need help using my phone as a remote with xbox app in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been using the Xbox app on my phone (android) for years to get to YouTube and whatnot, and all of a sudden today it will not connect to my Xbox.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SawDude91, Jan 26, 2023.

1. /u/SawDude91
    /u/SawDude91 Guest

I've been using the Xbox app on my phone (android) for years to get to YouTube and whatnot, and all of a sudden today it will not connect to my Xbox. I've tried clearing the cache for the app on my phone, re-installing the Xbox app, did a hard reset on my Xbox, restarted my phone and nothing has worked so far.

Has anyone else had this issue or anyone got any suggestions on what else I could try? Would appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/SawDude91
    [link] [comments]

/u/SawDude91, Jan 26, 2023
  2. WarHead On Xbox Win User

XB1 SmartGlass App & Netflix ?

If I remember correctly you use your phone as a remote, you have to install the Netfilx app on your phone. You don't use smartglass as a remote for Netflix or YouTube.

Hope this helps.
  3. Gareth Schoonhoven Win User

Conan Exiles missing from Owned games list

Hi I was able to find the game on the Xbox app on my phone and remotely installed it to my console. Had to activate remote installation but this electronic gymnastics at least loaded the game on my console. Hope this helps
  4. Juhn Jac Win User

Remote play not working properly

I have recently set up remote play for my Xbox Series X on my IPad and my phone. Both, my phone and iPad are up to date and have the latest specs to be able to play on the cloud. I had read that some people were having the same problems as myself; not being able to connect to their iPad or phone at home or in my case, my university wifi. I am now at home and was hoping to connect to my Xbox through my home wifi but now I am unable to. I also unchecked the local networks in my iPad and phone setting but still no luck. Has anyone been able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Hi Jhareil Hutchinson

Hi Crapnara

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help.

Have you already checked our support article?

Troubleshoot remote play gaming: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot issues in the Xbox mobile app: Troubleshoot issues in the Xbox mobile app | Xbox Support

Please let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  5. Smwutches Win User

Xbox companion app

6. Biggshow Win User

Xbox media remote

Had the remote before.. never used it. Most times it is my controller or Xbox Phone App. I never really saw a point to it myself.
Thema:

1. Need help using my phone as a remote with xbox app - Similar Threads - Need help using

2. I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.: I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the 6044f4fc-6db5-4086-a8bb-d3dfb402a827
  3. Help used Xbox not unregistered from insider program needs offline update

in XboX Insiders
    Help used Xbox not unregistered from insider program needs offline update: Hi, I purchased a used Xbox One on eBay that had an e100 error to repair with my daughter. It seemed like an easy repair but proving harder then expected. It looks like the issue is that the last...
  4. I need help getting back into my old email so I can use my Xbox. It's *** Die...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help getting back into my old email so I can use my Xbox. It's *** Die...: I have lost my password for my old email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** I have been trying to get back into it but I can't remember my password and I can't...
  5. Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address: My email address as a parent ( Orginizer) , is associated with my son gamertag. This is an issue , since I can not control time limit for him under this gamer tag. I need help changing / replacing...
  6. I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...: I don't know what is going on but when I am playing games and use my joystick (either right or left) to lool around, it will continue turning my player that way even if I have stopped using the...
  7. Using Franklin mifi and need help with good xbox connection. Right now it socks latency is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Franklin mifi and need help with good xbox connection. Right now it socks latency is...: Can anyone tell me how set up Tmobile franklin mifi to my xbox it runs like **** latency is almost 300 and disconnects all the time. c35af9ef-f151-43c6-8be5-8b50d05cb6a7
  8. Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.: My friend's young son set up his xbox account using his older bothers email address. Since the account was created there's been £600+ worth of games purchased on there. To cut a long story short,...
  9. Need help. Trying to setup original xboxone for special needs Grandson. I only want to use...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help. Trying to setup original xboxone for special needs Grandson. I only want to use...: Need help. Trying to setup original xboxone for special needs Grandson. I only want to use the xbox OFFLINE -- I am setting up FORZA HORIZON 3 so he can "drive" a car. I have installed the disk....
  10. I need help it says i can create a group but when i try it says name in use and i even spam...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help it says i can create a group but when i try it says name in use and i even spam...: Yeah so this thing has been happening since 2018 where I can't create clubs bb363e78-1936-444d-90ef-7e59015d5d20