Need help unmuting friend in Xbox party

Discus and support Need help unmuting friend in Xbox party in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i cant unmute my friend in our xbox party, can you assist? Thanks! nate 76e0b9e6-f0a9-4682-9fe9-4757f6d5d7c1 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NM3Y3R, Dec 17, 2020.

1. NM3Y3R
    NM3Y3R Guest

Hello,

i cant unmute my friend in our xbox party, can you assist?

Thanks!

nate

:)

NM3Y3R, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Gary Brown3 Win User

Rocket League - Chat Error, can't unmute

Hi Janet,

No, I've not had any problems with xbox party's. It just seems to be with the in game team chat on rocket league where it won't let me unmute random xbox players (i.e. not friends). Friends are already unmuted.

I've got a separate ticket raised with Epic support who are providing guidance but they seem to think the problem is xbox related and not Epic related.

Any help would be appreciated.
  3. BrianWrightWS6 Win User

Our headsets will not work it says its muted and we cant unmute them

1. Turn on your Xbox One, then press the Xbox button in the center of your controller.

2. In the Xbox Guide, scroll to the left once to reach the "Multiplayer" tab, then hit "Party" to expand Party options and features.

3. In your Party, select a person who needs to be unmuted by clicking on their Gamertag, and a dropdown menu will appear.

4. Select "Unmute" and the player will be unmuted and you should be able to hear them in the party.

The problem may be in the game settings they are playing also.
  4. Kickstone Win User

Friends muted

I also have this issue and so does my son. He has a friend and his friend is unable to unmute him. He didn't place him on mute in the first place. He tries to unmute on his friends list but it just reverts back. I have his friend on my list and he is muted
    under my account....through choice :). But I too can't unmute him now. Tried on my friends list, reverts back to muted. Tried by going under my profile, going to following, selecting muted, unmuting him there.....still the same.

Anybody got any ideas? Could Fortnite have anything to do with it? Tried going in to party, then going to in game chat, leaving it for 10 secs, going back to party and unmuting. Has worked for some....not for me. Please, help me. my son won't stop moaning
    about it. Is it something that just resolves itself or is that it?
  5. KZ Venom Win User

Xbox part chat

yes, or i do get in a party and my and my friend are muted and we cant unmute eachother
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted

Try creating a party and on the top page of the party screen you should see hit y or x to unmute. See if that comes up for you and use it to unmute your mic. If not try the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../wired-headset-help
Thema:

1. Need help unmuting friend in Xbox party - Similar Threads - Need help unmuting

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  5. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  8. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  9. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  10. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...