Need help to determine the size & run time of UPS for Xbox X?

Discus and support Need help to determine the size & run time of UPS for Xbox X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I got a Xbox X, and I have plans to buy a UPS because my area experiences black out. How do I determine the right UPS size? Input: 240 V,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SummerGorilla96, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Need help to determine the size & run time of UPS for Xbox X?

Hello all,

I got a Xbox X, and I have plans to buy a UPS because my area experiences black out. How do I determine the right UPS size?

Input: 240 V, 2.25 A

I multiplied the two variables to get 540 W as the power output. I am assuming this the maximum output of the console.

With that, the VA is 540 and I am adding another 10 % to provide a bit of protection buffer. As a result, it's ~600 VA. Is this the right calculation?

Also, I also want to know how do I calculate the run time of UPS when black out occurs?

Thanks

:)

SummerGorilla96, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, if that’s the minimum available in your city : country
    Yes, you can use that extra power to connect other devices
  3. SummerGorilla96 Win User

I am able to find a UPS with a minimum of 1000 VA, so I might connect a TV. That will be enough with the provider capacity.
  4. SummerGorilla96 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today

Are you going to connect only your Xbox to this UPS? Or do you plan to connect more devices in it?

If it’s the first that VA is more than enough
    If it’s the second you need to add the TV consumption and all the devices that you want to connect

About calculating an estimated run time, this really depends on the manufacturer.
    You need to reach them in order to calculate how much time you can use the UPS after a blackout
    Hi,

I made a typo in the post. The 540 W is the total power it can draw. That will vary with load. And the output will be lower than the input.

I will connect the ups with the console only. TV is not included.

If it’s the first that VA is more than enough

How much is enough to cover the console? An estimate will be helpful.
  5. SummerGorilla96 Win User

I have visited a lot of electronic markets, and they rarely had ones under 1000. There are shops that have less than 1000, and I have to explore further. In the worse case, I can get the 1000 VA and plug in a TV.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, you can check the power consumption for the Xbox consoles here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

According to Microsoft, an Active Gameplay session can use up to 153 W (but you can also check the back of the console)
    Usually you only need to multiply this W value x1.5 and that’s the UPS that you need to get (if you’re going to connect only the console a UPS with 250W or 300W should be good)

If maybe you need a more detailed tutorial, check this article:
    https://propakistani.pk/2017/05/24/heres-calcul...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Need help to determine the size & run time of UPS for Xbox X? - Similar Threads - Need help determine

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  5. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  8. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  9. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  10. I needs help determining a problem with hacking.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I needs help determining a problem with hacking.: “I needs help determining a problem with hacking and what information you are allowed to give u. i have been accused of hacking a account and Xbox console plus controller for years on end now. so...