: Need help resolving a double NAT issue.

Discus and support : Need help resolving a double NAT issue. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Need help resolving a double NAT issue. Hello Holden, Thanks for letting us know the issue has been fixed. I will go ahead and lock the thread... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by holden4ever, Mar 4, 2019.

1. holden4ever
    holden4ever Guest

Hello Holden,

Thanks for letting us know the issue has been fixed. I will go ahead and lock the thread seeing as it is resolved.

Thanks,

Brad

:)

holden4ever, Mar 4, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Holden,

Thanks for letting us know the issue has been fixed. I will go ahead and lock the thread seeing as it is resolved.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Need help resolving a double NAT issue.

Please check the follwing:

Sign into your gateway's configuration, and take a note of the WAN IP that your router is getting from your ISP.

Then point your browser to a website like
    https://whatismyipaddress.com/
    and compare the public IP of your gateway with the IP shown on that website.

If the IP is different, then your ISP is causing the double NAT by using CG-NAT or DS-Lite IPv4 Tunneling through IPv6.

If you found that your ISP is using CG-NAT or DS-Lite, call their support and demand a public IPv4 address.

Since IPv4 addresses are basically "used up", a lot of ISPs have to hide several of their customers behind a single IPv4 address, which is fine for normal web surfing and email use. But multiplayer and server applications will have issues with this CG-NAT
    and will show you the double NAT error.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi holden4ever,

I'm sorry to hear about this double NAT type issue. I'd be happy to help.

Do you have any other routers or hotspots in your residence or is there any special setup you have your gateway on? Something in the vicinity is giving off a second NAT and will cause the Xbox to detect a double NAT type.

If that support article you tried was not successful for you and if you don't believe the issue is with the network hardware or ISP then you will need to do some console troubleshooting like a

hard reset/powercycle
    or factory reset for example. If possible, I also suggest trying to connect your Xbox to another network first, maybe a friend or relative, to rule out the Xbox software as the issue.

If not, you can give the
    soft factory reset
    a try but you will need to log back into your account and connect to the network to apply the system update. It's possible the reset may get stuck at this point because of the network issues, but I think you should be fine since you are
    able to connect to the network, its just the Xbox is detecting two NATs which will hinder online gaming.
  5. holden4ever Win User

That was it. Both XB1 X and pc are showing as open. It cost me an extra $10 per month for a static IP address but if it means no more NAT conflicts then it's worth it. Now I just have to re-install ARK because for some reason Windows deleted the files.
    Only problem is it won't let me install to pc, only one of my 3 XB1s. My pc shows up on the list of devices I own but when I click Install on the store page it only gives me the consoles as option.
  6. holden4ever Win User

All I have is a gateway. No router. I managed to get the NAT open on XB1 but that's now gone back to double NAT. When it was open the Xbox app on Win 10 was showing as moderate but not double. I have restarted the console several times and still nothing.
Thema:

1. : Need help resolving a double NAT issue. - Similar Threads - Need help resolving

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  5. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  8. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  9. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  10. I have a question and I need help, I hope someone can help me resolve this question.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question and I need help, I hope someone can help me resolve this question.: I have a question and I need help, I hope someone can help me resolve this question. afe3ae47-835d-43bd-bb25-a0042561199e