Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

Discus and support Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/vidavidanaovida, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and it's not my external hard drive problem because it works just fine on my computer.

What can I do about it?

submitted by /u/vidavidanaovida
    [link] [comments]

/u/vidavidanaovida, Sep 25, 2021
  2. robert marquiss Win User

How to Xbox series x the new one external hard drive doesn't take any updates even when you tell it to how do you do it

The internal hard drive on the new Xbox series x is totally blank there is nothing on the internal hard drive zero zip so all my games are on the external hard drive told the machine to update to the external hard drive it will not update to the external hard drive do I have a defective machine I just bought it does it need to be returned can you help or not and if you can how to!?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X eternal hard drive

Hi,

If your game is now a Series X optimised title, it can no longer be played off an external hard drive. It must be moved to either the internal storage or an optional expansion card.

External USB hard drives are too slow to play Series X optimised games. None Series X games will still run from your external drive. The internal storage in the Series X is a fast NVME SSD. These drives are several times faster than mechanical hard drives.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
Thema:

Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

1. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X. - Similar Threads - Need help regarding

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  5. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  8. Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Technical support about my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 c7177218-1886-4ec6-904e-e1f21281d9b5
  9. Needed help regarding the implementing of a game file in my Microsoft Train Simulator game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Needed help regarding the implementing of a game file in my Microsoft Train Simulator game: I am able to install the high res moon starfield textures.zip file in my msts folder but I am not able to get the effects of the given file while playing the game.I also followed all the steps...
  10. I need help regarding COD Modern Warfare 2019

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help regarding COD Modern Warfare 2019: I have downloaded COD modern warfare(2019) disc version on my series x, including the 18 add ons. However when i press campaign the game for a split second enters the campaign but then crashes and...