Need help recovering a profile.

Discus and support Need help recovering a profile. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Basically what the subject says. The account is probably a couple weeks old, hadn't even gotten to connect a phone number to it yet, forgot my password... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bodark, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Bodark
    Bodark Guest

Basically what the subject says. The account is probably a couple weeks old, hadn't even gotten to connect a phone number to it yet, forgot my password and just opted to reset the password BUT it decided to just make me recover the entire account instead of letting me add a phone number to do it that way, the problem is every time I try to submit the form to recover the account it says I didn't provide enough information when there isn't that much information I can provide because it's basically a brand new account!

:)

Bodark, Sep 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Bodark

Sorry to say that, may I know if you tried the alternative methods to recover your account here?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If yes and none of them works, in this case you may need to keep filling the account recovery form until it gets accepted.

Because these are the options available if the recover form is not accepted:

"Fill out the account recovery form again We recommend that you try filling out the account recovery form again. You can do this up to two times per day. Do this if you find more information or remember something else about your account that will help.

Create a new Microsoft account You can always create a new Microsoft account in the interim if you’re having trouble with the recovery request and try again later when you remember something new that might help.

Add security and recovery features to your new account If you decide to create a new Microsoft account we recommend you follow the guidance to add one or more additional security contact info methods to your account right away. Review and set up an alternative sign in methods, such as the Microsoft Authenticator app to use to sign into your account."

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Please note that regular Microsoft Support is not capable to send password reset links for security policies
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If none of the methods above works sadly there is nothing else that can be done
    Sorry
  4. Bodark Win User

I've tried all the different ways of getting it back but the issue is most of them require you to sign into the account, which I can't do.
  5. TheTygerfire Win User

Can't recover profile. Need help.

Good, at least now I know for sure this isn't just my issue and MM47 is right.
  6. MeanMachine 47 Win User

Can't recover profile. Need help.

Hi there.

Earlier on in the day there was an xbox LIVE service alert up and running, this related to Account problems and users may have had trouble recovering their profiles etc.

Try clearing the update cache on the console you wish to recover the profile on, if you need help follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the "My xbox" slide on the dashboard.
    2. Scroll right, to the last page which is the "System Settings" page.
    3. Select "Memory" from the list of options.
    4. Highlight the hard drive and hit Y on your controller.
    5. Select the option to clear the update cache and to perform maintenance on the memory unit.

After this is complete, restart the console and try recovering your profile.

It is also advised if you're moving your profile a lot that you buy a portable memory stick and put your profile on that. The recovery system is not recommended to be used on a frequent basis.
Thema:

1. Need help recovering a profile. - Similar Threads - Need help recovering

2. I need help with recovering my son password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with recovering my son password: I need assistance. We bought our son a new xbox when putting in his email he forgot his password. Please assist me as I tried everything possible f2496e23-9c01-49b9-a747-67891eb08e1d
  3. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  4. I need help recovering my password with two step authenticator

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help recovering my password with two step authenticator: My other Microsoft account had suspicion activity so Microsoft locked my account and required a PW reset. However, my old pw was not accepted creating the new PW. And using 'Forgot PW' feature...
  5. need help recovering an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help recovering an old account: so I had a old xbox account that was attached to my moms work email and microsoft has stopped accepting work emails for account and when I try to sign into it it says the account doesn’t exist so...
  6. Help Needed to Recover Mojang Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help Needed to Recover Mojang Account: I've been a Mojang user for almost a decade and have been actively playing Minecraft, particularly on the HyPixel server. Happily, I was able to connect to the HiPixel website because there I did...
  7. need help in recovering microsoft account for xbox and gamepass.

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help in recovering microsoft account for xbox and gamepass.: dears i need help in recovering microsoft account for retrieving xbox gamepass and i forgot the email and i know only the alternative email... please i need your help note:i didnt register it...
  8. Need help with finding where I could contact to recover my minecraft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with finding where I could contact to recover my minecraft account.: Hello, I've forgotten the microsoft email and password in which I used to log in to my minecraft account. I went to minecraft support and filled in the minecraft recovery form but I got an email...
  9. Help Needed to Recover Minecraft Account Lost During Email Deletion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help Needed to Recover Minecraft Account Lost During Email Deletion: Hello, fellow Minecraft enthusiasts, A while back, I migrated my Minecraft Account from Mojang to Microsoft with the intention of having a specific account solely for Minecraft and another for...
  10. Need help recovering account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help recovering account: Really hoping someone on here can help. My daughters account vanished overnight off her series x. I've tried to recovery form twice a day for 2 weeks now but it still won't let me access the...