Need Help Reapplying Thermal Paste to Xbox 360S.

Discus and support Need Help Reapplying Thermal Paste to Xbox 360S. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Howdy y'all! I have an Xbox 360 S that is dropping frames (even in Minecraft), and I suspect it's experiencing thermal throttling. The console is now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by maalik999, Sep 27, 2020.

  1. maalik999
    maalik999 Guest

    Need Help Reapplying Thermal Paste to Xbox 360S.


    Howdy y'all! I have an Xbox 360 S that is dropping frames (even in Minecraft), and I suspect it's experiencing thermal throttling.

    The console is now partially disassembled, and I've already gotten most of the dust out. But I've been thinking: "I might as well change the thermal paste while I'm at it!"

    I however have a few questions before I attempt this:

    • Is changing the paste something I should be doing anyways?
    • How much thermal paste should I apply? A pea sized amount like a PC or less?
    • Is the X-Clamp Removal Tool Necessary to take off the x-clamp holding the heatsink on?
    • Most critically of all: Can the x-clamp be reused? Do I need to buy a new one or even use another kind of fastener?

    Thanks in advance for any advice y'all can give!

    :)
     
    maalik999, Sep 27, 2020
    #1
  2. Cerebral Paul Win User

    Need Help Reapplying Thermal Paste to Xbox 360S.

    I'm sorry to say we cannot discuss self repair to consoles here, there are other sources online for that information.
  3. maalik999 Win User

    Need Help Reapplying Thermal Paste to Xbox 360S.

    My apologies about that, thanks for letting me know.
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

    Xbox 360 slim overheating

    [quote user="jho888"] My question is should I reapply thermal paste or reapply thermal paste and install a new fan?[/quote]

    No as self repair can get you a console ban.
  5. Poklonskaya RUS Win User

    FPS Dips?

    That's what I was thinking at first too, but I've already reapplied thermal paste, added a better heatsink for both the CPU and GPU, added heatsinks for the various chips on the board, and added my own cooling :/
  6. PumpkinStew Win User

    my friends Xbox one S crashes every time when try to run Fortnite any fixes?

    Alright, thank you

    I'm guessing the SSD is failing and the xbox needs a thermal paste replacement. thanks for the help
Thema:

Need Help Reapplying Thermal Paste to Xbox 360S.

Loading...
  1. Need Help Reapplying Thermal Paste to Xbox 360S. - Similar Threads - Need Help Reapplying

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  6. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  7. Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It: my console booted into the troubleshooting screen and I cannot bypass it. Here are my system details:System Error: E106 00000009 80070002 my os:26100.8569 My Console id:...
  8. Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help: I would like to post a picture of the issue but i cant so ill put it in the comments submitted by /u/Round_Adagio8815 [link] [comments]
  9. XboxGaming weird need help thanks

    in XboX Insiders
    XboxGaming weird need help thanks: Couple of months ago I received a document on Xbox, kind’ve like a contract, had a % to something with a list of people/programmers. I was not totally sure what it was and if I selected the right...
  10. Error update E101 ( I need help))

    in XboX Insiders
    Error update E101 ( I need help)): My Xbox is stuck on version 26100.8530.amd64fre.xb_fit_2606ge.260513-2200. And the OSU release is 10.0.26100.8064 (xb_flt_2605ge.260429-2200). Will there be an osu! update available? Xbox via USB...