Need help putting my Xbox Series X in 4K and running at 120z.

Discus and support Need help putting my Xbox Series X in 4K and running at 120z. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The tv is a 55” Sony Bravia X-ray x90j it should put my Xbox series x at 4K with 120z, but it’s only doing 4K at 60z or 180p at 120z. I read people’s... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dustwes, Aug 10, 2021.

1. dustwes
    dustwes Guest

The tv is a 55” Sony Bravia X-ray x90j it should put my Xbox series x at 4K with 120z, but it’s only doing 4K at 60z or 180p at 120z. I read people’s reviews at bestbuy saying they’re runing their Xbox series x at 4K with 120z even bestbuy product info says game systems will run at 4K with 120z. Does it need to be in a certain hdmi put? Also Doby vision isn’t working.

:)

dustwes, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Kindly do the the following;

- Press the Xbox settings to open the guide, go to Settings

- Then go to General > TV & Display options

- You’ll see a menu that shows Display, Setup and Advanced.

- Under Display, if your tv allows for it, click refresh rate in the drop down menu and change it from 60 Hz to 120 Hz. - Your system should automatically adjust

- You’ll receive a message if your tv does not support 4K with 120Hz, stating that the Xbox will revert to the highest resolution supported by your display that will allow for 120Hz refresh rate.

- You can then choose to keep those display options.

To override your TV's settings, try this;

- From Home, navigate to Settings

- Then go to General > TV & Display options

- You’ll see a menu that shows Display, Setup and Advanced.

- Navigate to Advanced > video fidelity & overscan > overrides

- In overrides, select HDMI and “use manual settings”

For this to work you'll need a HDMI 2.1 cable and the TV also needs to have a HDMI 2.1 port as well.
  3. Cerebral Paul Win User

In the display option details, under 4k setup there are checkmarks for every mode that will work for you. If there is no checkmark for 4k@120hz make sure your cable is HDMI 2.1

This may help as well:

[​IMG]
  4. Cerebral Paul Win User

Personally, I'd go 4k120, especially if you do lots of multiplayer gaming.
  5. ngocphi Win User

You should remember that not all games support 120hz

They are still new when increasing to 120fps they sometimes drop the resolution
  6. dustwes Win User

This is tv hdmi setup. The middle option will give me 4K at 120z, but Dolby vision. If I do the third option I can get Dolby vision, but only 4K at 60z or 1080p at 60z. I just can’t seem to get all the check boxes. So what is better 4K at 120z or 4K at 60z with Dolby vision at 60z. Is there a way I can check all boxes? The override option didn’t work and I’m using the hdmi 2.1 cable that came with the Series X.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Need help putting my Xbox Series X in 4K and running at 120z. - Similar Threads - Need help putting

2. I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...: I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360, and I get error code 03-57-00, what do I do? Comentarios 4ad02f52-ba3b-4d89-9388-4eee0b89f68a
  3. When I try and put myself online it says online status unknown I need help badly

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try and put myself online it says online status unknown I need help badly: When I try and put myself online it says online status unknown I need help bdf7860c-8e77-4787-aed6-06824999754d
  4. Need help with xbox design lab. I bought a controller put in my address and today I looked...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with xbox design lab. I bought a controller put in my address and today I looked...: I bought a controller on xbox design lab. I put my address. Today when I looked over it the state was changed. Am I screwed or is there a way to fix this? 4a4f5a86-a96f-445b-a0fa-ec7857332525
  5. Idk where to put this but I need help

in XboX Insiders
    Idk where to put this but I need help: A long time ago I bought this Xbox 1s for alot of money. And I accidentally put myself as a child and got all these child locks and child setting everywhere in my Xbox. Everything I do the Xbox...
  6. I bought a xbox live gold and put the code in and it saying its been used already i need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a xbox live gold and put the code in and it saying its been used already i need help: I need help with my xbox live gold card 5a5a20ae-5713-40b4-98c1-faba04238793
  7. unable to use banned console offline,cant put a profile on it,brought it like it ,need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to use banned console offline,cant put a profile on it,brought it like it ,need help: hi everyone,i brought a second hand console which is console banned,microsoft say you can still use it offline,but i cant as its got no profile on it,does anyone no how i can get to use this...
  8. i need my ten dollaers put back in my account please help

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    i need my ten dollaers put back in my account please help: i need my ten dollaers put back in my account f5bbd88b-3a52-4ac4-9f3c-64abaa170b61
  9. Put in Avoid Me Rep Need Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Put in Avoid Me Rep Need Help: Can you guys help my Reputation thing. It says avoid me and i've been doing what the support site says to like play a lot and stuff. Its been months and nothing. It might be glitched like stuck in...
  10. I didn`t know where to put this, i need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I didn`t know where to put this, i need help: I was playing on Xbox Live a few months ago, and i was in a party, i heard a kid saying various strings of cuss words and "hacking your xbox and coming to your home to kill you" threats, so i...