Need help on how to reduce latency on my xbox series S

Discus and support Need help on how to reduce latency on my xbox series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just recently bought xbox S and i keep seeing high latency as 195ms ans it never got low it is always around this number. My internet is good and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bloxxers7044, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Bloxxers7044
    Bloxxers7044 Guest

Just recently bought xbox S and i keep seeing high latency as 195ms ans it never got low it is always around this number. My internet is good and I live in Malaysia. The region I set when I bought this console was a US region. I tried fixing CAT6 lan cable directly from the console fo my modem and its stithe same. During my gameplay i disconnect the wifi from all of my other devices and my packet loss is always 0% which I believe its a good thing. The only issue here is the latency which is always around 195-200 and it never got beyond this number or lower from this number. Is there any way to reduce the latency for my xbox S.

:)

Bloxxers7044, Nov 15, 2022
  2. iTsFx Win User

Latency on my Xbox Series S stands between 160 to 270ms

There are a few things you can try to reduce the latency on your Xbox Series S:

Check your internet connection: Make sure your internet connection is stable and fast enough for online gaming. You can check the speed and stability of your connection by visiting a speed test website.

Restart your Xbox Series S and modem/router: Sometimes, restarting your devices can help resolve connectivity issues.

Change your DNS server: You can try changing the DNS server on your Xbox Series S to a more reliable one. Some popular public DNS servers include Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1).

Disable network throttling: Some internet service providers (ISPs) may throttle your bandwidth when using online gaming services. You can contact your ISP to see if they are doing this and ask them to remove the throttling.

Use a wired connection: If you're using a wireless connection, try connecting your Xbox Series S to your router with an Ethernet cable. This can help improve stability and reduce latency.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  3. DominumStige Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Compatibility

Hi!

Of course, the pad will be compatible with Series X, as specified in the
    glossary

One of the first points to reduce latency is within the communication between your controller and your console. By bringing our existing high-bandwidth, low-latency wireless protocol on the Xbox One family of devices to Xbox Series X, we’re able to not
    only reduce latency in your gaming experience but also ensure all of your existing Xbox One gaming accessories will be compatible with Xbox Series X.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series X upgrade

Hi,

Online gaming on a console and a PC can have two types of latency:

Lag is when we are referring to internet connection/server latency. Owning the latest Xbox Series X|S won't fix this, if that's where the problem is.

Framerate and framerate drops are console hardware game specific. If the game is designed to run at 60fps, but there is a lot of things going on on screen this will result in dropped frames and can be seen during play as a stutter/judder, screen tearing and reduced controller responsiveness.

The Series X (and even the Series S) have much more capable hardware and generally won't drop frames in heavy area's like the now quite old Xbox One S does.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

How to reduce latency

18ms is fantastic for a console, especially xbox as live adds about 30ms as it is, you are not gonna get better than that due to distance to the servers and the route your isp takes, normally the latency on console sits around 30 to 50ms so thank yourself lucky.

if you are noticing any kind of lag then it is something else at play which could also be the route the network traffic is taking or the servers in general, you will not get much better than 18 and it is very very difficult to even notice lower than 18ms
  6. Francia J. Win User

How to reduce latency

Hi Dan, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are you connected using an ethernet cable, Dan? That will improve your latency.

Also, try comparing the latency on a different device for example on a PC, Laptop, or mobile device connected to the same network, go to https://speedtest.net then test on your Xbox console:

Settings > General > Network Settings > Test Network Speed & Statistics.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Need help on how to reduce latency on my xbox series S - Similar Threads - Need help reduce

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  5. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  8. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  9. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  10. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...