Need help installing Redfall on xbox app on PC.

Discus and support Need help installing Redfall on xbox app on PC. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While trying to download Redfall on the xbox app and I get the error 0x80070199 when I hit 85% download. I've reinstalled both the xbox app and gaming... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kevin Lein, May 3, 2023.

1. Kevin Lein
    Kevin Lein Guest

While trying to download Redfall on the xbox app and I get the error 0x80070199 when I hit 85% download. I've reinstalled both the xbox app and gaming services and nothing has worked. This seems to only happen to this game as I am able to install other new games just fine.

:)

Kevin Lein, May 3, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Kevin. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app and Xbox app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, do the same for the Xbox app, try installing the game again, and see if it works.

Solution 2: Check if all the updates are installed for your device by going to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Solution 3: Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  3. Kevin Lein Win User

It finally worked after switching drives (although it was the 3rd drive I tried to install it on before it worked)

Thank you for your help.
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Please try changing the drive for installation by going to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage settings > Where new content is saved. Let me know if it works.
  5. Kevin Lein Win User

Hi Ron,

Thank you for responding, but I have attempted all 3 options you suggested with no results.

Thank you,

Kevin
  6. Legendaddy Win User

PC Game Pass games crash at launch with Exception code: 0xc0000005

Hi Kathy.

Thanks for the detailed response. Answer to questions you asked -

1. I don't have those other games installed anymore, so I'm not sure whether they still have the same issue. But I'm pretty sure they will still have same issue.
    2. They were not fixed. I gave up trying to play them locally on my PC.
    3. I was not part of Xbox Insider, but I joined it just now, hoping to see if that fixes the issue. I'm not Windows Insider.
    4. Xbox app version 2304.1001.15.0

Gaming Services 11.76.5001.0 (when I created this post)

Gamaing Services 12.77.3001.0 (right now, after latest update). After this update, trying to launch the game is also showing Error code: (0<8007042b)

[​IMG]

5. Windows 11 Home 22H2 (0S Build 22621.1635)
    6. It did not launch ever. The issue exists immediately after installation finishes.
    7. I'm using the stock Windows Security for anti-virus and firewall. I don't have any additional antimalware, VPN, proxy and PC Optimizer installed. I did add D:\Games\XBoxGames\Redfall\Content folder to the Windows Security antivirus exclusion list. I also tried running the game after disabling antivirus realtime protection and disabling firewall. Same crash happens.

Alredy done troubleshooting

Device has been rebooted many times.

Windows, Xbox app, Gaming Services, Redfall app - all are up-to-date.

I am signed in to the Xbox app and the MS Store with the same account.

Already tried Verify and repair of the RedFall game from Xbox app. Also tried Repair / Reset of MS Store, Xbox app, Gaming Services, Redfall app from Windows Settings.

New troubleshooting done now

Removed and reinstalled Gaming Services. Rebooted device and then reinstalled RedFall from xbox app. Still getting same crash and error.

Additional Observations

Here's the ownership and permission details of D:\Games\XBoxGames\Redfall\Content\Redfall\Binaries\WinGDK\Redfall.exe, if that helps -

[​IMG]

(I am part of the Administrators group.)
Thema:

1. Need help installing Redfall on xbox app on PC. - Similar Threads - Need help installing

2. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  3. need help installing big fish manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help installing big fish manager: need help installing bigfish manager b4735e64-3110-4610-9c20-f3baf4b9bbd9
  4. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  5. I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2: I am encountering the message "instillation stopped" when trying to install red dead redemption 2 on my xbox series x I own the game I have tried a hard reset by removing the power cable for at...
  6. Need help installing downloads/updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help installing downloads/updates: This has been going on for a while now and recently got better. Used to I couldn’t install games/updates at all on my Xbox one s. Now I can install games, but only with my Xbox off and they go so...
  7. I need help with my Xbox it's not letting me install it and I just bought the game from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox it's not letting me install it and I just bought the game from the...: Ok so I just brought Madden NFL 21 I tried installing it it stop at like 3.88 or 3.30 I looked it up on YouTube did what they said clear the local save game and i did noting i tried installing the...
  8. Hello i need help with roblox installer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello i need help with roblox installer: The roblox installer and roblox studio installer doesnt want to fully install it just completely crashes. Sometimes it goes half way then just crashes....ive tried everything.Fully deleted roblox...
  9. I need help HDD wont show as install location

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help HDD wont show as install location: Hi guys i currently am having an issue when trying to install games via games pass i am unable to see my HDD via the install page i have tried formatting the drive again change default install...
  10. I need help with installing Assassin's Creed Odyssey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with installing Assassin's Creed Odyssey: I tried installing the game via the game pass which I bought recently. When I press the button to install it sends me to my Ubisoft Connect. In Ubisoft Connect it just keeps loading and loading....