Need help installing game

Discus and support Need help installing game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to solve 0x87e00196 but putting "Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers" in powershell results in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gigadiablo01, Jun 5, 2023.

1. gigadiablo01
    gigadiablo01 Guest

Trying to solve 0x87e00196 but putting "Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers" in powershell results in "remove-AppxPackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_12.77.3001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:44 + ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Need help installing game :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand"

Been at this for hours, microsoft support isn't working and no solution has helped so far.

:)

gigadiablo01, Jun 5, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Gigadiablo01, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble while trying to remove gaming services to fix this 0x87e00196 error. Let's try to sort this out.

May I know what procedures you tried to fix this inconvenience so far?
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Need help installing

I don't know if I understand your question, could you rephrase it, please?
  4. ian blayney Win User

Need help installing

5. MateusFontana Win User

Need help installing

You won't be able to see where the files were installed, as the Xbox and Microsoft app saved files are encrypted but rest assured the game was installed.
  6. ian blayney Win User

Need help installing

I think it has but im not sure how to find out where it was installed
Thema:

1. Need help installing game - Similar Threads - Need help installing

2. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  3. need help installing big fish manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help installing big fish manager: need help installing bigfish manager b4735e64-3110-4610-9c20-f3baf4b9bbd9
  4. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  5. I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2: I am encountering the message "instillation stopped" when trying to install red dead redemption 2 on my xbox series x I own the game I have tried a hard reset by removing the power cable for at...
  6. Need help installing downloads/updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help installing downloads/updates: This has been going on for a while now and recently got better. Used to I couldn’t install games/updates at all on my Xbox one s. Now I can install games, but only with my Xbox off and they go so...
  7. I need help with my Xbox it's not letting me install it and I just bought the game from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox it's not letting me install it and I just bought the game from the...: Ok so I just brought Madden NFL 21 I tried installing it it stop at like 3.88 or 3.30 I looked it up on YouTube did what they said clear the local save game and i did noting i tried installing the...
  8. Hello i need help with roblox installer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello i need help with roblox installer: The roblox installer and roblox studio installer doesnt want to fully install it just completely crashes. Sometimes it goes half way then just crashes....ive tried everything.Fully deleted roblox...
  9. I need help HDD wont show as install location

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help HDD wont show as install location: Hi guys i currently am having an issue when trying to install games via games pass i am unable to see my HDD via the install page i have tried formatting the drive again change default install...
  10. I need help with installing Assassin's Creed Odyssey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with installing Assassin's Creed Odyssey: I tried installing the game via the game pass which I bought recently. When I press the button to install it sends me to my Ubisoft Connect. In Ubisoft Connect it just keeps loading and loading....