Need help fixing high packet loss

Discus and support Need help fixing high packet loss in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My packet loss has recently been at around 20% and is making multiplayer games impossible to play. I've currently port forwarded but hasn't really... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Noname49237, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Noname49237
    Noname49237 Guest

My packet loss has recently been at around 20% and is making multiplayer games impossible to play. I've currently port forwarded but hasn't really helped. I really could use some help

:)

Noname49237, Jan 17, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Noname49237, I don't know if your console is connected by network cable or wi-fi, but loss of console means that something on your network is not right, that in the connection between the console and your modem router the data does not arrive completely and if lose, it can also be from your modem out.

In cases like this, it is good to request a technical visit from your ISP- Interner Solution Provider so that you can carry out an analysis of your network.
  3. Sky Wheels Win User

How do I fix my issue High packet

High packet loss on Xbox and don't know how to fix it
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox App shows 100% packet loss but "Xbox Networking" show 0% so i can't play Forza

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Since turning off the firewall seemed to fix the high packet loss issue, you may want to try finding some middle ground here. Try lowering the firewall settings a bit to see if this helps.

Aside from that, I recommend checking out the troubleshooting on this step. The article is for when a console has high packet loss, but the troubleshooting is for your network and router so it can help you out on pc as well :

Multiplayer Connection Error Solution

Just select High packet loss and go through the steps.

Hope this helps!
  5. H8MEWITHRESPECT Win User

High Packet Loss

Same here has anyone heard wats going on with the high packet loss this is ridiculous help please
  6. andersonpassos Win User

What's a highpacketloss

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

"High packet loss" is a term used to describe a situation in which a significant number of data packets are lost or dropped when they are transmitted over a network. A packet is a small unit of data that is transmitted over a network, and packet loss occurs when some packets fail to reach their intended destination.

Packet loss can occur for a variety of reasons, including network congestion, equipment failure, and other technical issues. High packet loss can have a significant impact on network performance, leading to slow data transfer speeds, increased latency, and degraded overall network performance.

In general, a high packet loss rate is considered to be anything above 5%, although the exact threshold may vary depending on the type of network and the specific applications being used. If you are experiencing high packet loss, it is important to troubleshoot the issue and identify the underlying cause in order to improve network performance and reduce the risk of data loss.
Thema:

1. Need help fixing high packet loss - Similar Threads - Need help fixing

2. Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S: My friend has a Xbox 360 s. 4 years ago it broke, and today I decided to come and fix it. We plugged it in, and the box turns yellow as expected. We press the power button and it turns green for...
  3. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  4. I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...: [img] can you help fix this problem 623e46f1-5832-4041-b00b-258e09110c9c
  5. Hey I need help with how to fix my xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey I need help with how to fix my xbox: I have had my Xbox one s for at least 4 or 3 years now and recently within the last 3 to 4 months its started to crash my games and take forever to start up. When I am on the main xbox home screen...
  6. I need help to fix code (0x87e1000c)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help to fix code (0x87e1000c): xbox one (0x87e1000c) Game is corrupt and won't install 7727f230-8599-4512-bd0c-d48356e2e69b
  7. I need help fixing my consoles internet nightmare?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help fixing my consoles internet nightmare?: So for some reason my console hates everything. On a wored connection it sparatically mid game will crash the internet on my console but if i go wireless is constantly ping spikes over and over. I...
  8. I need help fixing issues on my Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help fixing issues on my Xbox.: I've recently had 3 issues with my Xbox screen. Anytime I'm on am app or game like YouTube or Fortnite, my screen either is forcing itself to go up, like me pressing the joystick, The Xbox...
  9. I need help fixing the issue with playing classic mw2 (2009) multiplayer and not being able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help fixing the issue with playing classic mw2 (2009) multiplayer and not being able...: I am unable to play call of duty MW2 (2009) multiplayer due to a reoccurring error message saying you don’t have Xbox live (which I do) and your parents Microsoft Account isn’t valid. Your parent...
  10. Xbox is throwing error code and i need help fixing this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is throwing error code and i need help fixing this.: My Xbox One S has just recently been throwing an error code (0x80070490) everytime i turn it on, ive already manually reset it numerous time and still no luck. Any solutions?...