Need help changing language to Japanese for Skyrim: Special Edition.

Discus and support Need help changing language to Japanese for Skyrim: Special Edition. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I can’t find anything online that’s helping my problem. I have changed the Xbox language to Japanese entirely, uninstalled Skyrim and installed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NoahAgent, Mar 24, 2023.

1. NoahAgent
    NoahAgent Guest

Hello, I can’t find anything online that’s helping my problem. I have changed the Xbox language to Japanese entirely, uninstalled Skyrim and installed it twice after doing so. Both times it ended up being in English, despite my Xbox being in Japanese. Any help is appreciated.

I am on an Xbox One S.

:)

NoahAgent, Mar 24, 2023
  2. NoahAgent Win User

I solved the problem for anyone that ends up with the same question.

Don’t just set the language, you have to set the region as well (and likely only the region has to change). When I changed the region to Japan, the game installed in Japanese. It did not do this when I had set the language.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

4. NoahAgent Win User

Thank you for the quick reply. I saw an article talking about the Japanese version releasing on the Microsoft store but I can’t seem to find it. Should it be the same title on the store?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

I'm going to be honest, given what I know of a Japanese market it may only be available on the Japanese store

Many times the distributor in Japan is a local company, for example Capcom distributes call of duty and grand theft auto in Japan. Even if it says Zenimax Asia, that company may be owned by a Japanese company. For example Tower Records and Mr. donut still exist in Japan, and 7-11 is owned by another local licensee

I'm gonna be honest I can't find any trace of what to do to add Japanese, so you should inquire with Bethesda support directly.

Check under the mods menu, it could be there

https://help.bethesda.net/#en/home/product/373
  6. Vanessaez Win User

Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default

Hello BradShadwick, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

Surely frustrating, in theory the solution to the problem you are experiencing is quite simple. When installing a language pack in Windows, it changes the display language
    of certain applications, but not the system in general. This means that even if you have the display language of your system configured to English, applications that use
    the installed language pack will display their content in the language of the pack.

In your case, the Japanese language pack is changing the display language of Windows and Xbox apps. To fix this problem, you need to uninstall the Japanese language pack.
    Once you have done this, all apps will return to displaying their content in the display language of your system, which in your case is English.

If you want to continue using the Japanese keyboard, you can install it separately. To do this, open the Settings app, go to "Time & Language" and then click "Languages". In the "Installed languages" section, click the "Manage languages" button. In the "Manage languages" window, click the Japanese language pack and then click the "Options" button. In the "Language options" window, uncheck the "Install keyboard" checkbox and then click the "OK" button.

Once you have done this, the Japanese keyboard will be installed without changing the display language of your system.

Here are the detailed steps on how to uninstall the Japanese language pack:

Steps on how to uninstall the Japanese language pack in Windows

Open the Settings app.
    Go to "Time & Language".
    Click "Languages".
    In the "Installed languages" section, click the Japanese language pack.
    Click the "Uninstall" button.
    In the confirmation window, click "Uninstall".
    If you are still having problems after uninstalling the Japanese language pack, you can try updating Windows to the latest version. Windows updates can sometimes fix language-
    related issues.

If you are unable to resolve your issue, please let me know so that I can research the issue. As far as I know, this is something that should be fixed by Windows itself, but if not, I will need to investigate. Good luck!

Certainly, I investigated to strengthen what I tell you, and part of the information
    you can verify it from here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-pack/aee0abd1-b864-4784-850b-7618b5fc7415:

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
Thema:

1. Need help changing language to Japanese for Skyrim: Special Edition. - Similar Threads - Need help changing

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  4. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  5. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  6. Need help changing my gamerpic

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help changing my gamerpic: Wont let me Change my gamerpic into a custom image I don't have a child's account and i have no strikes, I really need help this has been going on for months and xbox support has BEEN ZERO HELP....
  7. I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...: I created an Xbox Live Account and no longer have access to the Phone Number or Email. I can provide Xbox ID and Card information if needed Microsoft can I get this change, please? I have tried to...
  8. Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...: Can you call me back at [mod removed] 1a55fa2c-6bca-4919-8700-5fe5fa77da24
  9. I need help figuring out why my email address won't change.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help figuring out why my email address won't change.: So I've changed my email address on my Xbox Series X from my Dad's email to mine, and I waited the month, and today I got an email saying it's been changed, but when I restarted my Xbox it still...
  10. I need help? How do i chang my pfp

in XboX Insiders
    I need help? How do i chang my pfp: How do I Chang my profile picture on the new Xbox app? submitted by /u/MrDanWithaVan [link] [comments]