Need help adding your account to an Xbox One console? Check here!

Discus and support Need help adding your account to an Xbox One console? Check here! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whether you need assistance adding your account to an Xbox One console or are running into issue adding your account, you've come to the right place!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Quimby, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Need help adding your account to an Xbox One console? Check here!

Whether you need assistance adding your account to an Xbox One console or are running into issue adding your account, you've come to the right place! Check below for some helpful scenarios regarding adding an account to your Xbox
    One console.

How can I add my account on an Xbox One console?

You can add your account to an Xbox One console by going through the following steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide
    • Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen and move all the way down and select
      Add new
    • Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select
      Enter. Make sure to not select Get a new account.
    • Enter the password for your Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select
      Enter
    • Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select
      I Accept
    • Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox One console
    I'm unable to add my account to my Xbox One console?

If you are running into issues adding your account to your Xbox One console, go through the following steps:

• First, check the
      Xbox Live Status
      page to see if there issues that may affect signing/adding accounts
    • If there are no affected services on the Xbox Live Status page,
      power cycle your console
    • Attempt to add your account again by following the steps above
    How can I switch profiles on the Xbox One console?

If you have more than one profile saved to your Xbox One console, you can switch profiles from the Home screen:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide
    • Select the profile that you want to switch to and select Sign in

Still have questions? Go ahead and create a new support post here on the
    Xbox One Console
    forum for community assistance.

:)

Mister Quimby, Oct 25, 2017
  2. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Issues Purchasing Content? -- Check here!

Heyo!

Are you having issues purchasing content? If so, you've come to the right place. Take a look at the categories below and see if any of them help.

Table of Contents:

1. Marketplace is Unavailable
    2. Region Issues
    3. Billing Information
    4. Age Issues
    5. Other Helpful Links

1. Marketplace is Unavailable

Keep in mind that the issue might not lie with your setup at all. Before going any further, head over to the
    Service Status page and make sure that the Xbox Live Marketplace is up and running.

2. Region Issues

In order to have the best experience on the marketplace, make sure that your account region and physical location match. Your account region was set when you first created your Gamertag and can be checked by going to
    account.live.com and clicking on “Personal Information”.

If your account region no longer matches your physical location, you have can
    Change the region of your Xbox Live account
    (assuming your meet the requirements), or you can create a new account to reflect your location. If you don’t currently live in an
    Xbox One supported region then you may continue to experience issues with purchasing or downloading from the marketplace.

I really shouldn’t be getting these region errors.

Are you sure? Positive? 100% certain that you don’t fall into any of the scenarios listed above?

Yes!

Alright, please create or find a thread in this forum that describes your specific issue. Please include the following information:

Account region:

Physical region:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Content you are trying to download:

3. Billing Information

It is possible your account has a billing violation on it. This would prevent you from purchasing anything on the console or even redeeming prepaid codes. To check this, visit
    commerce.microsoft.com. If you have a past-due balance, you can pay it off here or by contacting
    phone support.

If you are sure that all the information on the account and card are correct, you could try to remove the payment method and re-add it back to your account. You could also try using a different payment method. For tips on how to manage these payment options,
    take a gander at our Managing Payment Methods sticky.

Alternatively, you could purchase a pre-paid card from a local retailer or online. These cards can be redeemed for Microsoft points, games, add-on content, or Xbox LIVE time.

I have tried everything and still can’t purchase content with my card.

If none of the above troubleshooting has helped you out, you can create a new post in this forum for us to take a look at. Please include the following information in your post so we can better assist you.

What are you trying to purchase?

What error code or message are you receiving (from the console)?

What region is your account?

What region do you physically connect from?

4. Age Issues

It says I’m underage.

First the obvious question: are you underage? If you are you can still gain access to T- and M-rated content on the Marketplace, but you will need your parents’ permission. They can set up your Online Safety settings to allow you access to content based on
    what they deem appropriate. Have them check out the Xbox One Family Information sticky for more information on these settings.

I created the account when I was underage, but I’m not anymore.

Head over to our
    Promote a child account to an adult account on Xbox 360
    or
    Promote a child account to an adult account on Xbox One
    support articles for more information.

But I’m not underaged!

Here’s a less obvious question: how old does Xbox LIVE think you are? When you created your account, you were asked to put in your birthday. If you are using a hotmail.com or live.com email address, it may have automatically added the year, but still
    asked you for the month and day. Once set, this is your birthday and cannot be changed.

So, if you set the birthdate wrong, your account may treat you as a child based on this information. If it is incorrect you will have to create a new account with the correct information or wait until your account reaches the appropriate age of maturity for
    your region and then promote your account.

I don’t remember what birthdate I put in.

At this time there is no way for us to provide you with this information. If you can’t remember what birthdate you put in and you are now getting age-restriction messages when trying to purchase content, you may have accidentally put in the wrong date. The
    only way to fix this experience is to create a new account with the correct birthdate.

5. Other Helpful Links

Find your Xbox One content

Launch your Xbox One content

Your account is blocked from buying in Xbox Store message

View the status of software installation

Insert disk or purchase digital copy message

Uninstall Xbox One content

Pause/cancel a download/installation

Issues downloading a game or app

Wear or use an avatar item

View/download add-ons for your Xbox One games

Mister Cerb, Oct 25, 2017
  3. Questions about your Microsoft account? Check here!

Have you forgot you're Microsoft account password? Unable to remember the Microsoft account email for your gamertag? If you are running into one of these scenarios, have no fear! Below, you will find a list of scenarios that you
    might run into regarding your Microsoft account as well as the solutions:

Forgot your Microsoft account password?

If you have forgot you're Microsoft account password, you will need to reset your password. Just follow the steps listed on our
    Reset your Microsoft account password page.

Having trouble finding the Microsoft account associated with your gamertag?

If you don't know your Microsoft account email address, simply follow the steps listed on our

Find your Microsoft account email address
    page. From there, you can try a few different methods for retrieving this information.

Do you need to update your account information?

If you need to update items such as billing information, just head on over to our

Manage Account
    page. From there, you can update your billing information and find all of the steps you will need to manage your account.

Do you think that your account may have been hacked?

If you think that your Microsoft account might have been compromised, we suggest that you reset your password as soon as possible. To change your password, follow the steps listed above in the 'Forgot your Microsoft account password?' scenario. Additionally,
    you will want to go through the steps provided in our
    Compromised Account Solution
    page.

Have questions about managing family settings on the Xbox One console?

If you have questions or issues with managing your family settings, check out our

Family Settings
    page for some helpful information such as troubleshooting changing online safety or privacy settings on the Xbox One.

Still have questions? Go ahead and create a new support post here on the
    Account
    forum for community assistance.

Mister Quimby, Oct 25, 2017
  4. Oraclea Win User

My account says communication was suspended but was to end yesterday and is still not active

Hi, in case removing and re-adding alone doesn't resolve the issue, I would try power cycling your console after removing your profile, then re-adding. Here's a

link
    with instructions to power cycle your console. And here's a
    link
    on removing/re-adding profiles (note that you do need to know your sign-in email/password for this). Hope that helps!
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox live gold membership falsely activated

Try removing the account from the console, doing a hard reset, and then re-adding the account.

If that doesn't help check your active memberships here: https://account.microsoft.com/services/
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Why this happened?

You're welcome and thank you for your response.

In order to fix this, you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps. Please remove your Microsoft account from your console > restart your console > re-add your Microsoft account > then check to see if it works here's how to remove your account:

1.Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2.Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3.Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

> then restart your console and proceed with re-adding your account.

Once you're done, check if the DLC will show up on your account.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  7. Oraclea Win User

Communication Banned

Hi, as others have mentioned, you might want to check the
    Xbox Enforcement
    page to make sure your status is no longer showing there as being suspended. If that is the case, this might be a temporary issue, but here are two additional troubleshooting steps to try:

-Try to
    physically power cycle
    your console.

-If that doesn't work, try
    removing and then re-adding your profile
    to the Xbox. Note that you'll need to know the email and password associated with your account in order to do this.

Hope this helps!
  8. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Got one year Xbox live but can't play online?

Check you xbox one account here

https://account.microsoft.com/services?lang=en-gb

and check if you can see the subscription here, usually the expiry date will confirm if it has been accepted.

If it is there try a power cycle of the xbox to see if that resolves the issue, also try removing and re-adding your account on the xbox as a TS step.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one

If you found this post helpful, please remember to up vote.
Thema:

Need help adding your account to an Xbox One console? Check here!

1. Need help adding your account to an Xbox One console? Check here! - Similar Threads - Need help adding

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  5. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  8. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  9. Need help xbox insider hub i deleted my console from it but i want to ad it agin

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help xbox insider hub i deleted my console from it but i want to ad it agin: hi i need help with the xbox insider program i deleted my console from it by mistake can u ad it back and can u let me participate in the insider program I can't click on it for participating I...
  10. Need help with ad hoc network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with ad hoc network: So I set up an ad hoc wireless network on my PC and made sure to enable sharing but my Xbox One still can't find it. I tried power cycling and that didn't do anything. Would really appreciate some...