Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates

Discus and support Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to run Elden Ring, but from what I've read, it can only run with directX feature level 12 or higher. However, my computer is at feature... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lexdian, Feb 28, 2022.

  1. Lexdian
    Lexdian Guest

    Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates


    I am trying to run Elden Ring, but from what I've read, it can only run with directX feature level 12 or higher. However, my computer is at feature level 11 and won't go any higher. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

    :)
     
    Lexdian, Feb 28, 2022
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates

    Oh I see. Mine is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770. I presume that that's not compatible?
    No sorry, it's not. The GTX 770 is around 9 years old now. Also NVIDIA ended driver support for 600/700 Kepler GPUs October last year (2021).

    The GTX 1060 is at least 50% faster. Bear in mind, if your CPU isn't an 8th Gen i5/i7 or a AMD Ryzen 3 3300X then even a graphics card upgrade probably won't be enough.
  3. Lexdian Win User

    Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates

    Oh I see. Mine is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770. I presume that that's not compatible?
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates

    Hi,

    The minimum graphics card for Elden Ring is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB. What does your system have?
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

    How to install DirectX feature level 11.1 in NVIDIA Quadro K600 - Windows 11

    the quadro k600 is over 10 years old, it does not support directx 12 feature level 11_1, your card only supports feature level 11_0 so you would need to upgrade your gpu to play that game. and even if it did support that level the game would barely run if at all, the card is very very weak and not designed for gaming.
  6. ParitoshRaut Win User

    Flight Simulator 2020 - Graphics card

    I have amd radeon r7 m440 which supports dx 12 (feature 12_0) and of course dx 11.. it starts but before loading the menu, it crashes with error on d3d11.dll. somehow it works on intel hd graphics (very slow) which supports dx 12 feature 12_1. So seems to
    be using directx 12 feature 12_1 and not directx 11.

    Is there a way it can be explicitly started uaing directx 11? I don't see anything in the graphics options either.
Thema:

Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates

Loading...
  1. Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates - Similar Threads - Need DirectX feature

  2. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  3. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  4. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  5. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  6. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  7. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  8. Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...: Just wondering what ring I would need to update my Xbox to get the update on Monday? (I’m not sure it’s been announced yet? ) submitted by /u/falkirkboi [link] [comments]
  9. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...
  10. if there is directx 12 downloaded in my pc. do I need the other versions of directx to play...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    if there is directx 12 downloaded in my pc. do I need the other versions of directx to play...: Directx 12 is installed in my pc. But I tried to install directx other versions from the website of microsoft. But when i was trying to install that it keeps showing that "a newer or equivalent...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. elden ring dx11