: NAT Type Switches back from Open to Moderate

Discus and support : NAT Type Switches back from Open to Moderate in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : NAT Type Switches back from Open to Moderate Hello @TimewornOrc1! Most of the time Moderate or double NAT is most often caused by having multiple... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TimewornOrc1, Aug 6, 2021.

1. TimewornOrc1
    TimewornOrc1 Guest

Hello @TimewornOrc1!

Most of the time Moderate or double NAT is most often caused by having multiple networking devices that do NAT such a modem/router from your service provider, then having your own router. However, seeing the fact that you have tried lots of solutions already, I would suggest clearing the alternate MAC, and switch to energy saving mode then reset your console. If that does not fix the issue, try contacting your network provider.

:)

TimewornOrc1, Aug 6, 2021
  2. TimewornOrc1 Win User

NAT Type Switches back from Open to Moderate

Thank you for keeping us updated!

I'm glad that the issue is sorted out for you and I hope that it will be a permanent fix!

Have a great day!

Always happy to help :)
    Sorry to bear the bad news, but it did not fix it, however, although it says Moderate, I have not had any kicks on any R* games or CoD so far. It's enjoyable. I guess the modem my ISP uses must have some kind of configuration on their end that provokes my issues, because everything I have done for troubleshooting should've made the cut long ago. I hope it doesn't becomes a common practice from ISPs to become more invasive with our traffics, at least in my country, it sucks. I am sorry for the whole inconvenience! I don't know what else to do
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

"This ISP of mine can't even withstand a damn drizzle."

Contact your ISP to do a test of your connection (landline) from the exchange to your network hardware. The cable pair feeding your residence may have a high resistance insulation fault that causes network transmission errors. This is noticeable by crackling and disconnecting while talking on the phone of your landline and connection errors during bad weather.
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Thank you for keeping us updated!

I'm glad that the issue is sorted out for you and I hope that it will be a permanent fix!

Have a great day!

Always happy to help :)
  5. SammyVS Win User

The only function I use is DMZ, any port the console IP needs is open. Do you have any chance of your ISP changing this equipment to get some improvement?
  6. TimewornOrc1 Win User

Hello @!

Most of the time Moderate or double NAT is most often caused by having multiple networking devices that do NAT such a modem/router from your service provider, then having your own router. However, seeing the fact that you have tried lots of solutions already, I would suggest clearing the alternate MAC, and switch to energy saving mode then reset your console. If that does not fix the issue, try contacting your network provider.
    Hello, and thank you for your reply.

Haven't tried that one yet, I will test it out, with UPnP on and off for a few days or a week if needed, just to see the behavior and update my reply or post. So far, after changing the power mode, then the MAC clear and then the reset, the NAT is Open and feels stable, so good. Thank you!
Thema:

1. : NAT Type Switches back from Open to Moderate - Similar Threads - NAT Type Switches

2. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  3. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  4. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  5. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  6. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  7. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  8. I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable: My Xboxone does not connect to my hotspot f65ed451-7c39-4bc0-8ab7-256624fc8e71
  9. Pc NAT type keeps switching OFTEN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc NAT type keeps switching OFTEN: My PC (Windows 11) keeps switching NAT types from Open to Moderate. I play Destiny and cannot play with people unless it’s Open and all the posts about NAT types are telling how to fix it when it...
  10. Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict?: Honestly sick of NAT Types. I was always at open and i checked my NAT type today and i see its been changed to Strict...which is completely useless. I need it to be open and i just dont get why...