NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything.

Discus and support NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Heyo, I'm having some bad issues playing Destiny on my XB One. Since I've just bought it a few days ago, I am kind of upset the only game I have I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheCapncrypto, Jan 22, 2015.

1. NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything.

Heyo, I'm having some bad issues playing Destiny on my XB One. Since I've just bought it a few days ago, I am kind of upset the only game I have I can't play very well online, which is its main selling point. I have noticed a lot of threads on here stating
    that an Open NAT type will give me the best playability with other Xbox Live members. Now mine is stuck on a strict type and I have been through every tutorial or guide on how to get this open through port forwarding, DMZ, UnPnP or silly things like Power
    Saving Mode settings and absolutely none of them have changed a thing with the Xbox NAT setting and my Online experience has continued to be very lackluster. I really would like to get that NAT open and be able to enjoy Destiny, can anyone help?

:)

TheCapncrypto, Jan 22, 2015
  2. zLemonProz
    zLemonProz Guest
    Need help with my NAT type

I have been trying everything to get my NAT type open but nothing works because no one has the same NAT type as mine:

NAT type: Strict

Your network is behind a port-symmetric NAT

its very frustrating having a strict NAT type so please help

zLemonProz, Jan 22, 2015
  3. MrFawkess
    MrFawkess Guest
    NAT Typ strict - I tried everything!

Too early happy...

NAT-Type again changed to strict.. what else can I do that it won't change all the time??

MrFawkess, Jan 22, 2015
  4. NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything.

Hello,

Could you fill out this form first so troubleshooting will be a bit easier

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many 360 and One consoles are connected to this router?:

Wired or wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider):

FearedNightmare, Jan 22, 2015
  5. What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, Indiana

Modem brand & model number: Motorola Surfboard

Router brand & model number:Belkin F6D230-4V3

How many 360 and One consoles are connected to this router?:1

Wired or wireless (for each console): I've tried both but mainly wireless

Things you have tried: Port Forwarding/Triggering, UnPnP, DMZ Static Ip's

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? Strict NAT

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider): Comcast

TheCapncrypto, Jan 22, 2015
  6. Have you portforwarded on both your router
    AND your modem ? Because you'll have to do that if they both allow you to change the settings.

So on your Modem I suggest you port forward your router's IP

On your Router I suggest you DMZ your
    Xbox IP

Also make sure to add a DHCP reservation on your router for your Xbox and another one on your modem for your router so the IP they use doesn't get used by any other devices on the network. While doing that also make sure your Xbox has a
    Static IP

On a sidenote, some people suggest UPnP has to be off for port forwarding so if you port forward on your router make sure it's off

FearedNightmare, Oct 31, 2018
  7. AridLizard Win User

DDos attack

Wont that make my nat type strict? Because i thought if you call them they will restrict packets from your router and make your nat type strict.
    no it won't change your NAT type.
  8. CubicPeregrine1 Win User

Games not loading/IE app error

Hi I am trying to solve the issue before reinstalling everything.

The problem I think is the type of network. check that the NAT network is normal, open.

because after an update may changed the security network.

NAT must be open and appears Strict or moderate NAT.

NAT appears Strict, this is my case, I'm in it to see if the issue is solved.

I hope this info helps .. !! :)
  9. MrFawkess Win User

NAT Typ strict - I tried everything!

Too early happy...

NAT-Type again changed to strict.. what else can I do that it won't change all the time??
  10. FearedNightmare Win User

Have you portforwarded on both your router
    AND your modem ? Because you'll have to do that if they both allow you to change the settings.

So on your Modem I suggest you port forward your router's IP

On your Router I suggest you DMZ your
    Xbox IP

Also make sure to add a DHCP reservation on your router for your Xbox and another one on your modem for your router so the IP they use doesn't get used by any other devices on the network. While doing that also make sure your Xbox has a
    Static IP

On a sidenote, some people suggest UPnP has to be off for port forwarding so if you port forward on your router make sure it's off
  11. TheCapncrypto Win User

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, Indiana

Modem brand & model number: Motorola Surfboard

Router brand & model number:Belkin F6D230-4V3

How many 360 and One consoles are connected to this router?:1

Wired or wireless (for each console): I've tried both but mainly wireless

Things you have tried: Port Forwarding/Triggering, UnPnP, DMZ Static Ip's

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? Strict NAT

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider): Comcast
Thema:

1. NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything. - Similar Threads - NAT Type Strict

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  8. How do I fix my strict nat type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my strict nat type: I can’t seam to get my att hot spot device to connect via open or moderate nat. Only strict I’ve tried wired wireless clearing MAC address several different ports restating both devices Nothing...
  9. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...
  10. Nat type strict fix pleas help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type strict fix pleas help me: Pleas help me fix nat type strict 8c74ac9b-4758-4916-9957-79bc3c94a7cc