NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it

Discus and support NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My xbox NAT type is on strict and does not want to change. I have tried ports but none want to work to get me out of Strict NAT. At this point my other... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RicardoCano_013, Oct 4, 2020.

1. NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it

My xbox NAT type is on strict and does not want to change. I have tried ports but none want to work to get me out of Strict NAT. At this point my other options are to do a factory reset or to purchase a newer console. I do not want to do a factory reset
    as I'd lose the countless hours I've put into my save files such as Overwatch and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Are all of my saves in a cloud? I cant access the cloud if they are. I do however see a back up and transfer option in settings. What exactly
    does this do? will it transfer all my data to another console if I get one? Or can I use it to keep my saves. Please help.

:)

RicardoCano_013, Oct 4, 2020
  2. choppyseize Win User

Xbox One constantly disconnects from Xbox Live during gameplay

Do you know your NAT type by chance? You may need to factory reset the router itself and set it up again. It sounds like you may have Moderate or Strict Nat
  3. iRayDawg Win User

PLEASE HELP! CANNOT CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE WIRELESSLY

Yes unfortunately you will need to reset your router to factory settings to be able to access it to do any type of changes or port forwarding. If you need the instructions and ports needed here is a guide for you.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
  4. PowerMacAttack Win User

Dead Rising 2 Coop Problem

Altair, can you confirm what you and your friends NAT settings are with this game? If they are Strict or moderate that may be the issue, but we won't know till you confirm.

Take a look at this article from Microsoft support and it will explain what you need to do to check and fix this issue -

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

Hope this helps!
  5. AridLizard Win User

DDos attack

Wont that make my nat type strict? Because i thought if you call them they will restrict packets from your router and make your nat type strict.
    no it won't change your NAT type.
  6. MrFawkess Win User

NAT Typ strict - I tried everything!

Too early happy...

NAT-Type again changed to strict.. what else can I do that it won't change all the time??
Thema:

NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it

1. NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it - Similar Threads - NAT type strict

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  8. How do I fix my strict nat type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my strict nat type: I can’t seam to get my att hot spot device to connect via open or moderate nat. Only strict I’ve tried wired wireless clearing MAC address several different ports restating both devices Nothing...
  9. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...
  10. Nat type strict fix pleas help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type strict fix pleas help me: Pleas help me fix nat type strict 8c74ac9b-4758-4916-9957-79bc3c94a7cc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://xbox-forums.com/threads/nat-type-strict-and-wont-change-may-have-to-do-a-factory-reset-to-fix-it.397877/