NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

Discus and support NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Swordeaser [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Swordeaser, Nov 6, 2019.

1. NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

/u/Swordeaser, Nov 6, 2019
  2. xXKingHarambeXx Win User

“We were unable to find microphone” error

what's your nat type? it's best to have a open nat type .
    I just checked and yes my NAT is set to open.
  3. foxter55 Win User

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one s

Did you try changing your NAT type? The helpdoc says:

Open:

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as

join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on

their network

Moderate:
    With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games

with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with

others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

Strict:

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer

games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the

host of a match.

-- So I take that to mean if you have STRICT NAT, and if anyone in the group DOES NOT have an OPEN NAT type you are going to have problems.

Are you both running STRICT NAT type?
  4. denis97g Win User

“We were unable to find microphone” error

what's your nat type? it's best to have a open nat type .
  5. JTRoberts0035 Win User

NAT Problems

I have a NAT Setting on my router but it is set to on? When I have it on automatic my NAT type stays open. I don't know why DMZ won't keep my NAT type open.
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.

Hi Jirpet! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

From what I understand this is a problem with multiplayer games and NAT, so follow these steps to resolve this problem, but first we must check the type of NAT you currently have.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    3. Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field shows your current NAT type.

To resolve this issue, you need your NAT type to be Open. You should also make sure there are no errors, such as when Incorrect Double NAT or UPnP Detected appears.

To start, check if you have any of the errors shown here:

- NAT Type: Not available (displayed in Current Network Status on the Network screen)
    - Cannot obtain a Teredo IP address (appears after running Test Multiplayer Connection on the Network screen)
    - Error code 0x89231906 (appears when you try to join a group chat session)
    - Double NAT detected (displayed in Current Network Status on the Network screen)

To obtain additional information, you can enter the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

1. NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT? - Similar Threads - NAT Type failed

2. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  3. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  4. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  5. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  6. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  7. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  8. I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable: My Xboxone does not connect to my hotspot f65ed451-7c39-4bc0-8ab7-256624fc8e71
  9. How do I check my NAT type in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I check my NAT type in Windows 10?: I can't see the option to check my Xbox services and NAT type there, can someone help me how do I check it without using Xbox Console Companion (because it doesn't work anymore)? [img]...
  10. I have an Airtel broadband I have tried all the steps but still my NAT type is stict

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Airtel broadband I have tried all the steps but still my NAT type is stict: I have a pc I play gta 5 online but because of Nat type stict I can join a server I have tried enabling DMZ I have tried activating UPnP also 4279653c-8d30-45cd-8ed1-6af4a06f1fbc