NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...

Discus and support NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I usually hop on my Xbox every Friday and Saturday and every time I load it, the NAT type is ‘Strict’. Last week I had ‘Open’ NAT and I also tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 4bel, Sep 27, 2020.

1. 4bel
    4bel Guest

NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...

I usually hop on my Xbox every Friday and Saturday and every time I load it, the NAT type is ‘Strict’. Last week I had ‘Open’ NAT and I also tried to refix the NAT. I have both iPv6 and iPv4 with uPnP enabled. I also use a static IP for my Xbox and also
    port forwarded the ports that Xbox needed, however, the NAT type seems to remain at ‘Strict’. Is it due to the iPv6 making it Strict or is something else wrong?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

2. LadyDeathtrip Win User

NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at ‘Strict’ now.

Hi 4bel,

First off here is a link for you to be able to check the status of Xbox Live services if you are having issues, which may be due to an issue occurring on Xbox's services.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

1. If able to hardwire into your modem do so as it is your optimal connection type. Even if only for testing purposes this will help determine if the issue is with wifi or potentially entire network connectivity/ISP.. if already wired then, Change your
    network LAN cable to a high speed Cat 7 cable or Cat 8 as they are rated to support ultra high speeds where Standard cat5 or cat 6 cables do not typically handle higher than 1GB and actual speeds can be affected based off of length of cable and quality of
    cable as well as if the RJ45 connector tip is loose or not punched down on the wires correctly.

2. If on Wi-Fi ensure that your network security settings are using at least WPA-2 and not an open network, and that your network SSID name being broadcast is unique and broadcasting in both 2.4ghz and 5Ghz bands. Also ensure that you have UPNP enabled
    on your modem and that you have set up port forwarding to the recommend ports listed by Xbox to ensure open NAT which is needed for best quality online live service and multi-player gaming. Here is the link about what ports should be forwarded-

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

3. Set a reserved static IP for your Xbox on your modem and also set the static information in your Xbox network settings. Also try changing your DNS settings on your Xbox to manual and set an open DNS IP address like Google or other provider. Google DNS
    is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

4. Check your modem configuration to ensure that DHCP is enabled for ipv6 if not using a static address, as well as make sure that your lease times are set to no more than a day or two. This will help release the lease faster clearing the table if you
    have many devices connected and force a reassignment of IPs to only active devices.

5. Perform a system reset without removal of apps or games to ensure caches are cleared and the system is running fresh with no stored configs.

6. Another great test if hardwired is connect another device to the same cable and see if it too has issues, that will inform you if line or modem/config related or hardware issue.

7. Last thing I would recommend is speaking to Xbox tech support to further troubleshoot to help determine if a hardware failure and if service is needed as sometimes wifi cards and lan port do fail or a pin can get bumped out of place when connecting
    or disconnecting cables.

Good luck and hope something here helps!
  3. XIIIRabbit Win User

Me and my brother disconnect all the time from xbox live

hmm did you open your nat type because when you change router and stuff your nat become strict. making xbox live harder to connect
  4. ECHO x PriZma Win User

Can't change 'strict' NAT type on Xbox One

I'm stuck on a strict nat type can anyone help me to change it?
  5. FAT GUT Win User

Connection Issues

No, just the one Xbox One. I've somehow managed to get my NAT open as I've said for about a week now and just yesterday, for reasons that elude me, I signed in to find a Strict NAT type in my network settings. I'm really at a loss now.
  6. JordanTorres Win User

somebody help please (nat issues, internet sharing)

is your router set to open or closed? Having the router open makes the strict nat change to good nat type.
Thema:

1. NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at... - Similar Threads - NAT type changes

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  4. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  5. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  6. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  7. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  8. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  9. how do i change the NAT type on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i change the NAT type on xbox one: how do i change my NAT type on my xbox one. the NAT type is strict aaeca11a-df37-4d42-acb3-2df57786667e
  10. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...