Nat troubles

Discus and support Nat troubles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I get my nat open it always changes back to moderate. It also always seems to change at around 10 pm pacific. I've tried everything and now I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bLiNdSnIpErZ20, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Nat troubles

Whenever I get my nat open it always changes back to moderate. It also always seems to change at around 10 pm pacific. I've tried everything and now I don't know what to do. What Country/State/Province do you live in? Oregon Modem brand & model number:
    Motorola CPEi 25150 Router brand & model number: Netgear WNR3500L Wired or wireless: Wireless mostly (it gets annoying to swap Ethernet cords between my X1 and 360) Things you have tried: port forwarding, upnp, dmz Is UPnP Enabled? Yes Do you have a NAT error?
    If so, what is your NAT type? Moderate Any Error Codes you encounter: Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider): Clear

:)

bLiNdSnIpErZ20, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Dubb815
    Dubb815 Guest
    NAT trouble

i heard that u have call ur internet co to change it but i really dont know

Dubb815, Jan 4, 2014
  3. NAT trouble

Hey what is the free number of microsoft for the xbox??

WaxyCollin123, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Nat troubles

Sorry that it looks like a mess. I can't get it to format correctly...

bLiNdSnIpErZ20, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Would changing the Advertisement Period and Advertisement TTL on the UPNP work? I read somewhere that changing the Advertisement Period to 2 minutes, and the Advertisement TTL to 10 would fix it. I just want make sure that my internet won't be to totally
    messed up if I do that.

bLiNdSnIpErZ20, Jan 6, 2014
  6. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    No. Unfortunately, your Motorola CPEi 25150 WiMax 4G "modem" is also a router, which means that you have a classic double NAT situation (router behind a router) that prevents Open NAT unless very specifically configured. (You can verify this by looking
    at the WAN IP reported by the Netgear--it is likely a private class IP such as 192.168.x.x). You can poke around the modem's web interface to see what settings it allows you to configure; but unfortunately from what I can find, unless something has changed,
    that modem on Clear lacks the necessary settings to allow you to disable its routing (disable NAT, disable DHCP server, place in bridge-only mode) to allow you to use it strictly as a modem with the Netgear as the only router (thus, eliminating double NAT).
    If that is the case, you have a few options. 1) IF the Motorola allows port forwarding (appears it might) or properly supports UPnP, you should be able to use it as the only router and disable the Netgear's routing (disable its DHCP server, connect the Motorola
    to a LAN port on the Netgear, NOT the WAN port). OR 2) If the Motorola lets you assign a DMZ (appears it might), putting the IP of the Netgear there may allow its port forwarding to work. OR 3) Replace the Netgear with a simple switch (presuming the reason
    you have the Netgear is for additional ethernet ports), and use the Motorola as the only router and wireless access point. OR 4) See if you can get a new modem that is strictly a modem or can be put into bridge-only mode (disables routing, NAT, DHCP server).

Here's additional information that may help explain what is going on:

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../viewtopic.php

jmcode, Jan 6, 2014
  7. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Here's the manual for the Sprint version of your Motorola CPEi 25150:

support.sprint.com/.../motorola_cpei25150_modem_ug.pdf (see page 8 as numbered, or 11 of PDF, for info on accessing
    the web GUI).

Again, I have read that Clear does not allow the user access to some of the settings you'll see in that manual (greys them out). If you can't figure it out based on my post above, let me know what settings you have access to on the Motorola, and we'll see
    what we can do.

jmcode, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Nat troubles

Then why does it let my 360 open? Also, how do I access the Motorola? I think I might've before using an ip that the whatsmyip website gave me, but it asked for a username and password that I have no clue to what it might be. The normal admin/password login
    that I use for the netgear doesn't work.

9. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Not sure about the 360 unless you had it hardwired to the Motorola. Page 8 of the manual I linked explains how to access your modem at
    http://192.168.15.1. The simplest thing to try would be to put the WAN IP of the Netgear (get this from the Netgear's web interface, NOT from whatismyip) into the DMZ on the Motorola if possible then do port
    forwarding /UPnP on the Netgear as normal--this might get you open.

jmcode, Jan 6, 2014
  10. The 360 is plugged in to the netgear and the X1 is off its wifi. The default password motorola doesn't work which probably means I already have a password and I will have to go find it. I'll look for it tomorrow.

11. My xbox says it has open nat now. The only thing now is to see if it stays open. I've gotten it to be open before but it always changed back to moderate in about 24 hours. Hopefully this time it stays open. I'll post again if anything changes.

bLiNdSnIpErZ20, Oct 31, 2018
  12. jmcode Win User

Nat troubles

No. Unfortunately, your Motorola CPEi 25150 WiMax 4G "modem" is also a router, which means that you have a classic double NAT situation (router behind a router) that prevents Open NAT unless very specifically configured. (You can verify this by looking
    at the WAN IP reported by the Netgear--it is likely a private class IP such as 192.168.x.x). You can poke around the modem's web interface to see what settings it allows you to configure; but unfortunately from what I can find, unless something has changed,
    that modem on Clear lacks the necessary settings to allow you to disable its routing (disable NAT, disable DHCP server, place in bridge-only mode) to allow you to use it strictly as a modem with the Netgear as the only router (thus, eliminating double NAT).
    If that is the case, you have a few options. 1) IF the Motorola allows port forwarding (appears it might) or properly supports UPnP, you should be able to use it as the only router and disable the Netgear's routing (disable its DHCP server, connect the Motorola
    to a LAN port on the Netgear, NOT the WAN port). OR 2) If the Motorola lets you assign a DMZ (appears it might), putting the IP of the Netgear there may allow its port forwarding to work. OR 3) Replace the Netgear with a simple switch (presuming the reason
    you have the Netgear is for additional ethernet ports), and use the Motorola as the only router and wireless access point. OR 4) See if you can get a new modem that is strictly a modem or can be put into bridge-only mode (disables routing, NAT, DHCP server).

Here's additional information that may help explain what is going on:

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../viewtopic.php
  13. bLiNdSnIpErZ20 Win User

Nat troubles

Would changing the Advertisement Period and Advertisement TTL on the UPNP work? I read somewhere that changing the Advertisement Period to 2 minutes, and the Advertisement TTL to 10 would fix it. I just want make sure that my internet won't be to totally
    messed up if I do that.
  14. Obsessive Power Win User

NAT trouble

15. bLiNdSnIpErZ20 Win User

Nat troubles

The 360 is plugged in to the netgear and the X1 is off its wifi. The default password motorola doesn't work which probably means I already have a password and I will have to go find it. I'll look for it tomorrow.
  16. bLiNdSnIpErZ20 Win User

Nat troubles

Then why does it let my 360 open? Also, how do I access the Motorola? I think I might've before using an ip that the whatsmyip website gave me, but it asked for a username and password that I have no clue to what it might be. The normal admin/password login
    that I use for the netgear doesn't work.
Thema:

Nat troubles

1. Nat troubles - Similar Threads - Nat troubles

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  4. Double NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT: I am getting Double NAT detected on my network does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it. It's an Xbox 1S, it has wired Internet and everything we have tried to fix it doesn't work....
  5. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  6. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  7. Nat unavailable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat unavailable?: Hi, I am having a problem with my nat type being unavailable. Whenever I test my multiplayer connection it says that it can’t find a teredo IP. I have IPv4 and I when I spoke to my internet...
  8. Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?: So, like the title says, I can’t get a good NAT or get the Terdeo IP, I’m not sure why, I’ve follow every step on the help page and called my ISP and had them help me reset my network. This is a...
  9. cant join parties even thought its NAT open

in XBoX on Windows
    cant join parties even thought its NAT open: I can make my own party just fine, but when anyone joins i get an error. when i try to join a discord voice chat i also get an error. i cant show a screenshot right now because this happened over...
  10. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...