NAT stuck on strict saying UPNP not successful with DMZ and UPNP enabled

Discus and support NAT stuck on strict saying UPNP not successful with DMZ and UPNP enabled in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im asking here again in hopes I can get more help, for the past few days I have been on my Xbox and my NAT is stuck on strict, which is a big issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SoleSix89506272, Sep 22, 2022.

1. NAT stuck on strict saying UPNP not successful with DMZ and UPNP enabled

Im asking here again in hopes I can get more help, for the past few days I have been on my Xbox and my NAT is stuck on strict, which is a big issue currently. I have gone on my router, port triggered every port I saw the Xbox site say to open, I have done DMZ for my Xbox, I have set up a static IP for it, I have cleared the MAC Address, I have changed the ports, and have done about every other thing to fix it, to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong or how to fix it?

:)

SoleSix89506272, Sep 22, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this SOLESIX89506272

That's really strange, in order to isolate a bit more the issue.
    Can you try connecting your Xbox to a different wifi network?
    For example sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and connect your PC in that way temporarily

In the meantime, did you tried factory resetting your router?
    Also, there are some routers with the ability to be receive firmware updates
    Check if your model supports this feature and search the latest firmware update available
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SoleSix89506272, usually NAT issues are related to your service provider, Xbox only detects the NAT that your network provides.

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

You will have to call your internet operator, ask them to set a fixed IP pro console, and ask them to open the ports that is described down there, disable and activate the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have modem and router the process has to be done on both devices.

Ask them to place the console IP in the DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can also use the website below to view game-specific ports.

https://portforward.com/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. I just tried all of that and am still having issues with the NAT being strict.
    Do you have multiple consoles connected to your network hardware?

Wired or WiFi? Extenders?

Using a gateway exclusively or routers / modems?
  5. SoleSix89506272 Win User

I have tried in the past to use a mobile hotspot, but the connection was so weak I could not even check the network, so Id say thats out of the question. I have tried factory resetting the router, which unfortunately did not work, and mine does not support firmware updates.
  6. SoleSix89506272 Win User

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. I just tried all of that and am still having issues with the NAT being strict.
Thema:

1. NAT stuck on strict saying UPNP not successful with DMZ and UPNP enabled - Similar Threads - NAT stuck strict

2. NAT stuck on strict saying UPNP not successful with DMZ and UPNP enabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT stuck on strict saying UPNP not successful with DMZ and UPNP enabled: Hello, for the past few days I have been on my Xbox and my NAT is stuck on strict, which is a big issue currently. I have gone on my router, port triggered every port I saw the Xbox site say to...
  3. NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...: I usually hop on my Xbox every Friday and Saturday and every time I load it, the NAT type is ‘Strict’. Last week I had ‘Open’ NAT and I also tried to refix the NAT. I have both iPv6 and iPv4 with...
  4. Superhub 2: Xbox NAT stuck on either Unavailable or Strict

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Superhub 2: Xbox NAT stuck on either Unavailable or Strict: Superhub 2: Xbox NAT stuck on either Unavailable or Strict Choppy, The clear on my MAC address seems to have done the trick for now, thank you. Skylar, My UPnP has been enabled from the start....
  5. nat always stuck on strict

in XBoX Games and Apps
    nat always stuck on strict: Hi. My NAT type never wants to change. I tried checking nat type, choosing another port, restarting console EVERYTHING. Its saying upnp not available. I am hotspotting using my mobile device...
  6. Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible: Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible If you’re not already i would recommend using an ethernet cable plugged directly into the router to improve connection...
  7. Nat type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is stuck on strict: After the recent Xbox update my Nat type has been stuck on strict. I have fine connection in multiplayer and what not, it's the parties. I always disconnect from them or start connecting and I...
  8. NAT stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT stuck on strict: Hello, I just bought a xbox one today from a friend.....im having a very hard time getting my NAT type off of strict. I have a Motorola SBG901 modem. I went into settings tried setting a DMZ host,...
  9. NAT type stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type stuck on strict: Hello, I recently bought Black Ops 3, and I have been having major connection issues. It even persist on GTA 5. I have an Xbox One, and I have forward all ports and even ports forwarded for GTA 5...
  10. Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.: I cannot get an open nat for three different routers I tried for the xbox one. I can only get an open nat when connected directly to the modem. However, I had to get my ISP to give me a static IP...