NAT is Strict when wired, but not with wifi

Discus and support NAT is Strict when wired, but not with wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I'm having a funny issue, and I've gone through the support articles on xbox.xom, but I could not find a resolution. My NAT is strict when being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReturnOfMilkMan, Mar 21, 2018.

1. NAT is Strict when wired, but not with wifi

Hi! I'm having a funny issue, and I've gone through the support articles on xbox.xom, but I could not find a resolution. My NAT is strict when being wired to modem, but not if I just use wifi. Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

ReturnOfMilkMan, Mar 21, 2018
  2. FLY78
    FLY78 Guest
    NAT Type: Strict

This is weird when I switch to connection on wifi my NAT goes to open

But when I go back to wired, it becomes strict again NAT is Strict when wired, but not with wifi :( ???

FLY78, Mar 21, 2018
  3. siixpool
    siixpool Guest
    does ethernet xbox one download faster?

The reason your NAT is open wired, vs moderate or strict over wifi, is because router firewalls usually only work via wifi. Over wired, it just acts as an ethernet switch.

If I had the option, I would go wired, but I don't. My Router and PC are wireless AC, which is loads faster. I'm not sure if it's faster over ethernet or not, but I'm sure it's a lot more stable. When I had wireless N, I would have hit detection problems, but not anymore.
    Xbox One should have shipped with wireless AC. Would have been nice.

siixpool, Mar 21, 2018
  4. NAT is Strict when wired, but not with wifi

Figured this out on my own. Changing "alternate port selection" in advanced network settings fixed this.

ReturnOfMilkMan, Mar 21, 2018
  5. Looks like the issue is back. Any suggestions? Wifi is open NAT. Wired is moderate NAT with UpPn error now.

ReturnOfMilkMan, Nov 1, 2018
  6. FLY78 Win User

NAT Type: Strict

This is weird when I switch to connection on wifi my NAT goes to open

But when I go back to wired, it becomes strict again :( ???
  7. ReturnOfMilkMan Win User

Looks like the issue is back. Any suggestions? Wifi is open NAT. Wired is moderate NAT with UpPn error now.
  8. ReturnOfMilkMan Win User

Figured this out on my own. Changing "alternate port selection" in advanced network settings fixed this.
  9. Kimboslicer Win User

Xbox one X having issues with NAT/Connectivity

Wifi sucks.

Wire it. Also your max internet speed is unused without a wire, I get less than half my rated speed through wifi

Without ports open youll have moderate or strict nat 99% of the time
  10. AlexKieth53 Win User

Xbox live

That would be most likely becasue of your internet connection if you have wifi your router might have an issue and if it's wired it may be your internet company. Or you may try this link for help

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
Thema:

1. NAT is Strict when wired, but not with wifi - Similar Threads - NAT Strict wired

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  6. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  7. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  8. Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router: I have an Xbox Series X that I've had online for a while and worked fine with an older router. I purchased a new router, input the proper values, TCP/UDP ports, set a static IP for the Xbox like...
  9. Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online: Both my Xbox companion and the Xbox networking settings have a strict NAT setting, so online playlists in FH4 are joinable, but they don't load in. The only way to exit is to restart the computer....
  10. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56