nat always stuck on strict

Discus and support nat always stuck on strict in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. My NAT type never wants to change. I tried checking nat type, choosing another port, restarting console EVERYTHING. Its saying upnp not available.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by S3XYduck, Aug 30, 2019.

1. S3XYduck
    S3XYduck Guest

Hi. My NAT type never wants to change. I tried checking nat type, choosing another port, restarting console EVERYTHING. Its saying upnp not available. I am hotspotting using my mobile device (huawei p10 lite) which has really fast 4g. I can get into multiplayer
    lobbies on black ops 4 (only team death match other modes is impossible) but no zombies or blackout. In black ops 3 its next to impossible to get any lobby. Sea of thieves is hard to get a match. Please help. Im really hating this xbox.

:)

S3XYduck, Aug 30, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey S3XYduck,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, connecting your console to a hotspot is not recommended for reasons like this. Most troubleshooting, regarding networking on Xbox one, involves getting into your router/gateway settings. In order
    to get an open NAT type, you would need to connect your console to a home network or try a different hotspot. There are cases of players connecting to hotspots without issues, but its pretty random.

You can also try contacting your service provider to see if they can help you troubleshoot the Hotspot. I can assure you that the Xbox is not at fault when it comes to

NAT types
    . NAT types are directly influenced by Network security.
  3. ECHO x PriZma Win User

Can't change 'strict' NAT type on Xbox One

I'm stuck on a strict nat type can anyone help me to change it?
  4. APOCACIDE Win User

How to use Party Chat in Battlefield 4

strict nat has always caused problems if you had opened nat for 360 what about x1 caused them it to become strict automatically
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

Stuck on Strict NAT

I have also heard that the "clear alternate MAC address" option in network settings has helped fix NAT issues. The media access control (mac) address is how your router identifies the device to which to send the static IP, if your Xbox broadcasts an alias
    mac address, theoretically, the router may no longer see it properly.
  6. redvardy Win User

Stuck on Strict NAT

Hi this happened to me to fix it do a factorary reset inyour settings
Thema:

1. nat always stuck on strict - Similar Threads - nat always stuck

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  4. Double NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT: I am getting Double NAT detected on my network does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it. It's an Xbox 1S, it has wired Internet and everything we have tried to fix it doesn't work....
  5. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  6. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  7. Nat unavailable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat unavailable?: Hi, I am having a problem with my nat type being unavailable. Whenever I test my multiplayer connection it says that it can’t find a teredo IP. I have IPv4 and I when I spoke to my internet...
  8. Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?: So, like the title says, I can’t get a good NAT or get the Terdeo IP, I’m not sure why, I’ve follow every step on the help page and called my ISP and had them help me reset my network. This is a...
  9. cant join parties even thought its NAT open

in XBoX on Windows
    cant join parties even thought its NAT open: I can make my own party just fine, but when anyone joins i get an error. when i try to join a discord voice chat i also get an error. i cant show a screenshot right now because this happened over...
  10. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...