NAS - Ability To Save Game Data & Games To Network Storage

Discus and support NAS - Ability To Save Game Data & Games To Network Storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, how difficult would it be to add the ability of the xbox one to save game data and games to a NAS? I appreciate you would need a dedicated drive as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AzzBow81, Sep 12, 2015.

1. AzzBow81
    AzzBow81 Guest

Hi, how difficult would it be to add the ability of the xbox one to save game data and games to a NAS? I appreciate you would need a dedicated drive as this would be formatted to xbox spec but i think this could be possible if you had an app on your NAS
    that detected an xbox one on your network, formatted the drive and gave you the ability to save to it. The drive could either be internal or external to the NAS via USB 3.0 or eSATA. This would pretty much give you the ability to add unlimited storage and
    make my gaming life complete. Thoughts?

:)

AzzBow81, Sep 12, 2015
  2. What are my Options with OTA?

ideally you'll have to be like me and switch over to NAS personal cloud storage. They are around $100-$400 depending on what options...just hit up newegg.com and search NAS storage. Basically you can save everything on your network storage and HOPEFULLY
    play it on the x1..though i'm waiting on official word NAS storage works before I upgrade my current way of streaming videos.

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Sep 12, 2015
  3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Streaming Question

[quote user="voteGC"]

The 360 can stream from NAS storage devices but as far as I know they need to use TwonkyMedia software otherwise they wont work. [/quote]

Network Attached Storage [NAS], uses Ethernet to stream from router & the USB port for connecting or transferring data from another HDD &/or connecting to a computer etc.. Unless you buy an expensive stand-alone model, that can work independantly from a
    computer [Has own CPU etc]... You'll need to hook the NASD to a computer, for it to be controlled or streamed to any other device... [Netgear RNDU6320]

OCRyzen, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest

I think in most cases, the transfer rate over a network would be much slower than having a hard drive connected to the Xbox. Game saves could work, but actual games would lead to longer load times.

Zero Divided, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Zero Divided Win User

I think in most cases, the transfer rate over a network would be much slower than having a hard drive connected to the Xbox. Game saves could work, but actual games would lead to longer load times.
  6. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

What are my Options with OTA?

ideally you'll have to be like me and switch over to NAS personal cloud storage. They are around $100-$400 depending on what options...just hit up newegg.com and search NAS storage. Basically you can save everything on your network storage and HOPEFULLY
    play it on the x1..though i'm waiting on official word NAS storage works before I upgrade my current way of streaming videos.
  7. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox One S keeps freezing

Have you tried clearing games data?

Deleting Saved Game Data

Game saves, player profiles, and other game data is automatically saved to the Xbox One hard drive by default. If you suspect that data is corrupt, you can delete it from your hard drive.

Please note: Deleting saved game data is permanent and cannot be undone. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you back up your saved game data to online storage or a USB storage device before deleting it.

Follow these steps to access the System Storage and delete game data:

From Xbox Home, go to Settings.

Go to System and select Storage.

Select Manage storage on the right-hand side of the screen, then select View contents.

Highlight a game, press the Menu button, and select Manage game.

Select Saved data on the left-hand side of the screen.

Choose a game to access the game’s saved data.

From here, use the Options Menu to delete files or to view more information about a specific file.
  8. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox game

Hello Tammy!

If the saves were ones on the actual console, not the cloud there should be the ability to clear the local saved games and gain access to the last/most recent cloud save.

This is done by going into Settings>System>Storage>Clear Local Saved Games.

The console will ask to restart afterwards.

If it was the cloud saves that were affected, then those saves would be lost.

You can check game saves by going into the same section Storage, select the game and then view saved data.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions!
  9. Smwutches Win User

Need to be able to use more iCloud storage to download game data...

Cloud storage on the 360 is only meant for save data, not actual game data. There's no way to increase the amount of cloud storage.
Thema:

1. NAS - Ability To Save Game Data & Games To Network Storage - Similar Threads - NAS Ability Save

2. ️NAS selber bauen mit Rsapberry Pi gute Idee? ️#2024

in XboX Insiders
    ️NAS selber bauen mit Rsapberry Pi gute Idee? ️#2024: NAS-Betriebssystem Nr. 1 - OpenMediaVault Mein persönlicher Liebling unter den NAS-Betriebssystem ist auch in diesem Jahr das kostenlos erhältliche OpenMediaVault. OpenMediaVault, kurz OMV,...
  3. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  4. When are we going to be able to install on a NAS?

in XboX Insiders
    When are we going to be able to install on a NAS?: I've tried searching to see if anyone else has requested this but was unable to perform a search. I'd like to be able to install my games on my NAS due to the size of the games and all the extras...
  5. Xbox Achievements Bug | Bug nas conquistas do Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Achievements Bug | Bug nas conquistas do Xbox: Hey guys, I play The Witcher 3 (same save since launch, but the game updated) and some achievements I made were lost and not earned: -I finished the game in the "death march" and I didn't win...
  6. Problem with network: I have open nas and good connection but won’t connect to party’s or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with network: I have open nas and good connection but won’t connect to party’s or...: im having trouble connecting to general multiplayer games and partys. I have had this problem for 2 weeks. I have checked in settings and i have open nas and 100mb download speed and 10mb upload...
  7. mídia física possui manchas nas bordas [Mod Translation - physical media has spots on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    mídia física possui manchas nas bordas [Mod Translation - physical media has spots on the...: Olá, eu tenho um xbox 360 desde 2015,sempre jogava algo nele, um tempo depois fui jogar um jogo e percebi que ele não estava mais funcionando, retirei do console dei uma olhada e notei que tinha...
  8. Xbox one NAS for the house of xboxs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one NAS for the house of xboxs: Would it possible to install games from xbox on too a NAS? Instead of a hard drive. Also if multiplw xbox pointed to that game its onmy in one save location. If sysnology had and app on where...
  9. How to connect XBOX ONE X to a home NAS like SYNOLOGY DS214play

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to connect XBOX ONE X to a home NAS like SYNOLOGY DS214play: Hello How to connect XBOX ONE X to a home NAS like SYNOLOGY DS214play I have installed Media Server in Xbox and no way to find anything external..or UPNP or nothing to connect to my network...
  10. Problemas nas Conquistas [Mod Translation - Achievement Problems]

in XBoX on Mobile
    Problemas nas Conquistas [Mod Translation - Achievement Problems]: Eu realizei uma conquista mas estava desconectado do wi fi, mas eu fiz de novo só que conectado e não desbloqueei a conquista. *A conexão estava ótima até desbloqueei uma conquista nova durante o...