Name stuck on my account, 2 gamertags.

Discus and support Name stuck on my account, 2 gamertags. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; [img] As you can see in the picture, I have a gamertag, my real name and a username(??) all attached to the same account. My real name is fine,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kinto_, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Kinto_
    Kinto_ Guest

Name stuck on my account, 2 gamertags. [​IMG]

As you can see in the picture, I have a gamertag, my real name and a username(??) all attached to the same account. My real name is fine, correct and doesn't show up anywhere other than my actual account details. This is fine, however I seem to have two completely different gamertags. Whenever I try to change my gamertag it says that I have Kinto#2383, but in games it appears as ItsKinto. They both show on the same profile, except I can't change one of them at all. What can I do to change/ remove this second username? It's been driving me crazy. I've been to every support and faq and settings page and it can't be changed anywhere apparently.

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

:)

Kinto_, Dec 8, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

If it's showing the old tag then yes.

Since the system sees you as already having the tag, I don't know if it will let you change it to the same one. It is a very confusing system. Typically the classic tag is supposed to be used if a person uses special characters. I don't know why it's given in cases where people don't.
  3. Kinto_ Win User

Thanks for the information. Does this mean Halo infinite doesn't support newer gamer tags? That doesn't seem right. I could boot up my 360, but would I be able to even change it to the same gamer tag? This seems like such a weird issue.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see, since it's not the case with your user name, this is part of the new system update and consequently the implementation of the new gamertag system. It shows the original tag, and then the changed one.
  5. Smwutches Win User

The "ItsKinto" tag is considered a "classic" gamertag. It shows up in games because it's part of the old system and those games haven't been updated to work with the new system. If changing your tag does not give the option to change your classic tag, the only other way I've heard of changing it is through a 360.
  6. Kinto_ Win User

That's all well and good, I am looking to change it though.
Thema:

1. Name stuck on my account, 2 gamertags. - Similar Threads - Name stuck account

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?: So i was having a tit for tat with a guy over fifa saying he wouldnt beat me in a normal game mode but told him he only beat me in a game of ‘mystery ball’ in eafc 24, unfortunately that message...
  4. Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox: What is my Roblox username and password notify me d53b9ea7-6461-464b-b102-2affcf852834
  5. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  6. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  7. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  8. [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...

in XboX Insiders
    [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...: Bear with me as I'm bad at explaining..... like, really bad. Basically I connect my Xbox to my PC with the Xbox app so I can type with a keyboard. Ever since that was a feature, there was a bug...
  9. Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.

in XBoX on Windows
    Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.: Just changed my gamertag recently however i accidentally clicked the accept while reading the info regarding it. Now my username is stuck with numbers. Am i still allowed to change it back free...
  10. Hello my name is Aidan and I am having problems with my cereal headset adapter it is stuck ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello my name is Aidan and I am having problems with my cereal headset adapter it is stuck ...: my Xbox one stereo headset adapter is stuck on mute I push the button and it doesn't work I try to update the controller it says it doesn't need to be updated please help me I don't know what to...