name change and backwards compatibility

Discus and support name change and backwards compatibility in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i purchased geometry wars 2 a few months back and recently changed my profile name now whenever i try playing it my Xbox trys to sign in my old name as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cipher corp, Oct 20, 2017.

1. cipher corp
    cipher corp Guest

i purchased geometry wars 2 a few months back and recently changed my profile name now whenever i try playing it my Xbox trys to sign in my old name as if it were a different profile and then says i don't have access to this game on this xbox how do i
    fix this

:)

cipher corp, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Daft Badger, Oct 20, 2017
  3. The Wee Bear
    The Wee Bear Guest
    25 June Update

CHANGES

◾Fix for an issue preventing users from Twitch Streaming Backward Compatibility titles.

◾Fix to address issues with Matchmaking in Backward Compatibility multiplayer titles.

(Taken from the preview announcements forum)

The Wee Bear, Oct 20, 2017
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Backward Compatibilitiy

Hello Memphis,

There are a lot of factors that come into play when making a game backward compatible. The main one is the developers allowing it to become backward compatible. So if the developer is not around any longer or has changed names or merged it is hard to get
    the game backward compatible. You may message the developer of the game and let them know that you want it to become backward compatible.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. zamfirdavid13 Win User

Backwards compatibility

6. SaucyMagician13 Win User

Xbox One Backwards Compiatabilty? Which Games?

There are no lists regarding the amount of games what will be backwards compatible, neither are there the names of games that
    are becoming backwards compatible. my best bet on finding out is to either check the backwards compatibility web page on xbox daily for updates, or on your xbox status slide look for microsoft
    anything relating to backwards compatibility.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Games fans want backwards compatible

8. RedEye Expr3ss Win User

Do you consider the X a new generation?

But yes but no but whatever. Ms are again trying to change the console universe, this time with hardware updates instead of an add on gimmick. A wiser move would be to get rid of the Xb1 name all together, release this as a next gen console that is also
    backwards compatible. Basically the same deal as the PS2, hey we have a new console and it's also backwards compatible.
Thema:

1. name change and backwards compatibility - Similar Threads - name change backwards

2. I beg pla can I have a free second name change £8 is too mutch

in XBoX on Consoles
    I beg pla can I have a free second name change £8 is too mutch: Plz can I have a free second name change £8 is too much 01c15091-fce0-434b-a829-72e94f901c02
  3. Is there any way to recover an Xbox account that was stolen and had the name changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to recover an Xbox account that was stolen and had the name changed?: I had a Xbox account that went by the name “XXXXXXXXXXX101” when I was younger. Over the years, I have attempted to recover it through the survey questions, but I was never given a response. I...
  4. Live Skype name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Live Skype name change: Hi sir I need live Skype name change please accept my request 6183a4bb-083b-4133-8b53-740d6f8cbe42
  5. what to do when accidentally changed my Xbox gamertag? how can i get ma old name back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what to do when accidentally changed my Xbox gamertag? how can i get ma old name back?: I wanted to change my brothers Xbox Gamertag but i accidentally changed my own gamertag. My name was but now its Raulipoiss. I wish to get my old name back please, if its possible. It was . with...
  6. In neer help whit my name tag, i wanna change it but i can't

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In neer help whit my name tag, i wanna change it but i can't: Good evening! My name is Mihaela, you may know me as . I have tried many times to change my name in Minecraft, but unfortunately I only succeeded once, and that was two years ago. That is, in...
  7. Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox is supposed to give me one free name change, but when I try to change my name, it...: It’s possible I changed it in the past but I seriously doubt it. I don’t mean to sound pretentious but this is something i would remember doing. 8cb27b41-f049-4711-b087-06f799169e26
  8. Ever since Xbox One name change, all my Xbox 360 backwards compatible games aren't working.

in XboX Insiders
    Ever since Xbox One name change, all my Xbox 360 backwards compatible games aren't working.: Recently I changed my name. Every 360 game doesn't sit well with that. They all say my gamer profile isn't signed in, and when I pick my profile with the name change, it tells me that I picked the...
  9. I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.: I recently changed my name on the Xbox one and that caused me to not be able to play backward compatible games anymore. Every time I would run the game, it would immediately sign me out and give a...
  10. Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work.: I recently paid ten dollars to change my gamertag name (not a new account, just changed the name to my existing account). After doing so, I went to play some games that I downloaded previous to...