MyVIP progress decreasing with every new purchase for last couple of months

Discus and support MyVIP progress decreasing with every new purchase for last couple of months in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi, I understand your support team is floating around in the forums with the old excuse that September pre-orders are incorrectly awarding reward... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by JJohnnieQ, Oct 17, 2016.

1. JJohnnieQ
    JJohnnieQ Guest

Hi,

I understand your support team is floating around in the forums with the old excuse that September pre-orders are incorrectly awarding reward points and hence a decrease in MyVIP progress bar observed by many people, including my account, during the month
    of September.

However, I've noticed even worse that my VIP progress bar is actually decreasing with every new purchase I made since September till date, including couple of games I purchased last 2 weeks that decreased my progress bar from 91% to 90% and now 85% when
    I last checked yesterday!! This is excluding the sudden drop that I got in September to myVIP bar from around 95% to 85%. I didn't get any real progress to myVIP bar for all my purchases since September.

Please investigate this issue seriously and prepare a quick fix for my account MyVIP reward progress accurately in line with all of my purchases from beginning of October. Now I'm hesitant to make any new purchases from Xbox live store until this concern
    is really addressed.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

:)

JJohnnieQ, Oct 17, 2016
  2. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    VIp % to next star always LESS not more!

Hello cheesyballs1970,

There is currently an issue with MyVIP progress. We have identified the cause for progress decreasing, and are working on deploying a hotfix shortly. Apologies for the confusion. This hotfix should be live by the end of the month at the very latest.

XBLRewards8, Oct 17, 2016
  3. MyVIP (You're 0% of the way to your next Star)

MyVip progress resets every year. The last reset on was on January 1st, 2017. The types of purchases that are not eligible for MyVip include pre-orders, in-game consumables, and subscription purchases. Unless you have made purchases that do not fall within
    those criteria then you may just be seeing the normal yearly progress reset.

Murphs-A47006C9-2185-475E-9A8D-0764BA5872CE, Oct 17, 2016
  4. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest

Hello JJohnnieQ,

We deployed a hotfix this morning for the MyVIP issues, and your progress should now be accurate. We have also awarded payback for September based off these corrected calculations. Apologies for the confusion caused by this error.

XBLRewards8, Oct 18, 2016
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello JJohnnieQ,

We deployed a hotfix this morning for the MyVIP issues, and your progress should now be accurate. We have also awarded payback for September based off these corrected calculations. Apologies for the confusion caused by this error.
  6. XBLRewards8 Win User

VIp % to next star always LESS not more!

Hello cheesyballs1970,

There is currently an issue with MyVIP progress. We have identified the cause for progress decreasing, and are working on deploying a hotfix shortly. Apologies for the confusion. This hotfix should be live by the end of the month at the very latest.
  7. XBLRewards8 Win User

Something very wrong

Hello Beanz6884,

There is currently an issue where users are seeing fluctuations in MyVIP progress. We have determined the reason why users are seeing a decrease in MyVIP, and are working on a hotfix for the issue. This should be deployed by the end of the month. Apologies
    for the confusion.
  8. XBLRewards8 Win User

VIP Star ranking went from 4 down to 2

Hello TypedMedal125,

I have reviewed your purchases and your MyVIP progress is accurate. You were incorrectly receiving progress for your pre-orders on November 9th and November 23rd and many consumable purchases for Halo 5. Those were removed when we found the error, and resulted
    in a decrease in MyVIP.
  9. Murphs-A47006C9-2185 Win User

MyVIP (You're 0% of the way to your next Star)

MyVip progress resets every year. The last reset on was on January 1st, 2017. The types of purchases that are not eligible for MyVip include pre-orders, in-game consumables, and subscription purchases. Unless you have made purchases that do not fall within
    those criteria then you may just be seeing the normal yearly progress reset.
Thema:

1. MyVIP progress decreasing with every new purchase for last couple of months - Similar Threads - MyVIP progress decreasing

2. How do you check your MyVIP star Rank

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you check your MyVIP star Rank: I've been gaming for a very long time and The only thing I do not know is how to check your xbox live rewards MyVIP star rank. I know that I'm level 2. But I just don't know that part. I've done...
  3. Myvip rank

in XBoX Accessibility
    Myvip rank: How do i know what myvip rank stars iam and do i move up ..cant find anything. That explains the ranks? What rank im in and how to move up?? Need a table of content! Some 1 help me...
  4. can i get a copy of the myvip vault statment for 28th of may and ...... where is my controller?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    can i get a copy of the myvip vault statment for 28th of may and ...... where is my controller?: can i get a copy of the myvip vault statment for 28th of may and ...... where is my controller? Ive still not recived my contoller 6-8 weeks it said?? thanks in advance...
  5. can i get a copy of the myvip vault statment for 28th of may and ...... where is my controller?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    can i get a copy of the myvip vault statment for 28th of may and ...... where is my controller?: can i get a copy of the myvip vault statment for 28th of may and ...... where is my controller? Ive still not recived my contoller 6-8 weeks it said?? thanks in advance...
  6. What happened to my Xbox MyVip Gems?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What happened to my Xbox MyVip Gems?: I had over 500 Xbox MyVip Gems and i dont know where they are now or what happened with them but i havent got them back as Microsoft Rewards Points or as Money on my Profil. And i cant see them...
  7. MyVIP Star progress not increasing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP Star progress not increasing: Hello. On March 31, 2017, I purchased a full game for $59.99 on the Xbox Store, as part of the "Simply Rewarding Offer" promotion. The 6,000 rewards points from the promotion are now pending, as...
  8. Progress Incorrect- Add a Star to your MyVIP

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Progress Incorrect- Add a Star to your MyVIP: I bought Halo Wars 2 Ultimate on 2/20, X-Com 2 2/17, and Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition 2/20 which total without tax is around $140 total which should complete the $125 requirement I need. I...
  9. Keeping track of MyVIP progress when at 5 stars

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Keeping track of MyVIP progress when at 5 stars: Hi, I'm currently at the 5 star level for MyVIP. As the topic states, I'm wondering how I can keep track of my spending and progress towards my reward level next year. For all the other levels I...
  10. MyVIP Star Rank not showing purchases and subsequent progress

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MyVIP Star Rank not showing purchases and subsequent progress: Hi there, I got an email on the 2nd of February indicating that spending $106 before February 28th would elevate my star rank to the next level. Since receiving the email I've spent $114.99...