My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play...

Discus and support My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While I'm playing games on my windows 11 pc, my Xbox 360 wired controller gets disconnected and keeps flashing, and gets irresponsive. When I replug... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Artun_225, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Artun_225
    Artun_225 Guest

My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play...

While I'm playing games on my windows 11 pc, my Xbox 360 wired controller gets disconnected and keeps flashing, and gets irresponsive. When I replug the device, it lets me play for some time, then the same thing happens and I can't play. Why is this happening? I've updated my drivers but still have this disconnection issue out of nowhere.

Note: Even while the controller is irresponsive and is blinking green light, I am able to see it in the device manager.

:)

Artun_225, Nov 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play games with it)

Hi, I was double checking and the controller seems legit (at least by some reviews of the item and the price)

Okay, we can try to isolate the problem a bit more. I don't think that's an issue with the controller itself

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily

Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. If you have Steam installed in your PC please disable Steam controller input / configuration temporarily, restart the PC and try again

D. Reinstall your controller driver:

Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

E. Reinstall / update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again

If none of the above work I think that the best option is return the controller.

You can use one of the newer Xbox controllers, they're fully compatible with PC if you connect it via cable or bluetooth (and right now there are some discounts)

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories?xr=shell...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play games with it)

Hi Artun
    If you don’t mind please share the link to this article

I ask this because it’s very hard to find a brand new original Xbox 360 controller
    Usually these controllers on Amazon are generic controllers

In the meantime, are you able to test this controller with a different PC?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Artun_225

Please tell me, is this an original Xbox 360 wired controller?
    Or where did you purchased this controller?
    Did you do it recently?
    And, are you using a controller with a battery pack+USB cable?
  5. Artun_225 Win User

Sure thing Josef. Here is the link https://a.co/d/7viSjAS

I couldnt test it with another PC, that's I'll try to do.

What else controller can I use instead of Xbox 360 controller on PC? May this problem occur because of Windows 11?
  6. Artun_225 Win User

Hi, yes my controller is original. I bought it from amazon recently. And I'm not using it with a patterh pack. Only with USB cable
Thema:

1. My XBox360 Wired Controller keeps flashing green light on PC windows 11.(I'm unable to play... - Similar Threads - XBox360 Wired Controller

2. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  3. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  4. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  5. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  6. Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed: So i was trying to get my old save files from my xbox 360 on the cloud to play them on my Xbox One since some of the games are retro compatible but even by having all the requirements and seeing...
  7. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  8. XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account: I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message that "This Microsoft account is associated...
  9. XBOX360 purchased Rocksmith addons / songs not showing in song list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX360 purchased Rocksmith addons / songs not showing in song list: I bought a bunch of songs and packs via the official XBOX market place for an Xbox360 recently for Rocksmith 2014. They downloaded fine & are showing up under the device storage but the songs are...
  10. my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help: my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help 4f01fe3d-d839-4674-8e0a-abef22f6c9b9