my xbox360 is scratching my discs

Discus and support my xbox360 is scratching my discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox360 keeps scratching my games and they wont come off aa6fe334-45ad-4e87-960a-7b01d2fd6d5c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuperUKHDELITE, Jan 5, 2014.

1. my xbox360 is scratching my discs

My xbox360 keeps scratching my games and they wont come off

:)

SuperUKHDELITE, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    My Console is scratching my discs.

As LeGit mentioned, this can only happen if the console is moved in any way while reading a disc. Activision does have a disc replacement program that you might try. That is available here:
    warranty.activision.com

Miss Portia, Jan 5, 2014
  3. My Console is scratching my discs.

Ok i have pretty much had enough of this.

I recently re-joined xbox live again (It's been a while) and i was trying to play MW2/Black ops (I was/still thinking about buying MW3 so i decided to play those 2 games for a while).

My MW2/Black ops discs were in perfect condition. I only got both of them last Christmas from friends. I tried to play MW2, i got to play it for about 3 hour, then i automatically went back to the dashboard and it wont read the disc anymore!! (same has happened
    to black ops)

What do i do? I dont want to buy the discs again or buy them from the Marketplace so I'm basically screwed my xbox360 is scratching my discs :(

To describe the scratch (on the MW2 and black ops disc's), it is a massive ring around the outer layer of the disc. The xbox dose not get lifted and it hasn't been dropped.

reindheart-0F82E92D-F138-4404-A0B6-79EB907D89DD, Jan 5, 2014
  4. my xbox360 is scratching my discs

This happened to me too, the night before last I switched it off and left FIFA 13 in it, and woke up the next morning, turned it on as you do, and it said that disk is unreadable!!!

So I placed Hawx 2 in there no scratches on it, it came out with a ring around the outside of my disk!

Looks like it's time to save all my games to my Xbox...................

GamerBoyDylan, Jan 5, 2014
  5. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest
    Hello SuperUKHDelite,

I've had this happen to me as well. I've found that you are less likely to encounter scratched game discs if you use your console in the horizontal position, as well as installing the main games you play to your hard drive. I've heard it's also helpful
    to remove your game discs from your Xbox if you won't be playing them for a while, but plan to let's say watch Netflix or Youtube for a day or two. Hopefully some of these ideas may help what you're encountering. Good luck!

MattKV1, Oct 31, 2018
  6. MattKV1 Win User

Hello SuperUKHDelite,

I've had this happen to me as well. I've found that you are less likely to encounter scratched game discs if you use your console in the horizontal position, as well as installing the main games you play to your hard drive. I've heard it's also helpful
    to remove your game discs from your Xbox if you won't be playing them for a while, but plan to let's say watch Netflix or Youtube for a day or two. Hopefully some of these ideas may help what you're encountering. Good luck!
  7. GamerBoyDylan Win User

This happened to me too, the night before last I switched it off and left FIFA 13 in it, and woke up the next morning, turned it on as you do, and it said that disk is unreadable!!!

So I placed Hawx 2 in there no scratches on it, it came out with a ring around the outside of my disk!

Looks like it's time to save all my games to my Xbox...................
  8. LeNicoW Win User

My xbox can't read one game

Yes, i tried with other games, it works perfectly. At the first sight there's no scratches, but after many tries, it seems that my Xbox360 made scratches on the disc. Don't know what should i do.
  9. NorthernZoot Win User

Xbox360 Scratched disc

MS does not replace game discs that are scratched/otherwise damaged. Some retail stores (such as EB Games for example) offer scratch protection for up to a year on game discs for an extra fee, but unfortunately that is the only type of return/exchange
    policy there is for game discs.

Assuming your console is in a sturdy location, and hasn't been bumped or knocked over, and also assuming that you have placed the disc in the tray properly, you may want to consider scheduling a repair for the console. Over time, wear and tear on the
    console can cause the tray's to fail, or perhaps operate improperly. This could be the cause of your scratches.

If your console is less than 1 year old (and the warranty hasn't been voided), the repair of this type would be free of charge. Otherwise, the cost will range somewhere around $100 approximately.

10. Freedomix Win User

Xbox360 Scratched disc

Okay thanks for information.
Thema:

1. my xbox360 is scratching my discs - Similar Threads - xbox360 scratching discs

2. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  3. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  4. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  5. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  6. Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed: So i was trying to get my old save files from my xbox 360 on the cloud to play them on my Xbox One since some of the games are retro compatible but even by having all the requirements and seeing...
  7. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  8. XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account: I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message that "This Microsoft account is associated...
  9. XBOX360 purchased Rocksmith addons / songs not showing in song list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX360 purchased Rocksmith addons / songs not showing in song list: I bought a bunch of songs and packs via the official XBOX market place for an Xbox360 recently for Rocksmith 2014. They downloaded fine & are showing up under the device storage but the songs are...
  10. my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help: my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help 4f01fe3d-d839-4674-8e0a-abef22f6c9b9