My Xbox won’t turn on after a storm

Discus and support My Xbox won’t turn on after a storm in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox was on during a storm and the lighting hit near my house and I heard a pop form the Xbox as soon as the power went out now it won’t turn on at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Garp D., Apr 2, 2023.

1. Garp D.
    Garp D. Guest

My Xbox was on during a storm and the lighting hit near my house and I heard a pop form the Xbox as soon as the power went out now it won’t turn on at all nothing and it also got my PS5 what could be the problem

:)

Garp D., Apr 2, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Garp!

Sorry to hear about what happened. I am afraid that console's power supply unit has been damaged due to lightning. If you used an Xbox One console which has an external PSU, you could use a different PSU. If it's a console model which only has a power cord (internal PSU), you may need to send it for a repair. Check your repair options herehttps://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  3. Olivia Brown1 Win User

Xbox One won’t accept my MAC address

I tried doing a hard reset and it did not work. I’ve tried restarting both router and Xbox numerous times. Any network setting I try to set manually won’t go through. The MAC address won’t restart after it’s entered. The IP addresses won’t go to the next screen after entering the Gateway IP. What is left to try?

Update:

Now my Xbox won’t turn on. I hit the button, it’s lights up and it makes the noise but immediately turns off. I had to unplug the power source for it to turn back on.
  4. CodyWalke Win User

Xbox one x

It was working perfectly for a while after the storm then once it got warmed up the screen turned black.
  5. Simmer Don Now Win User

storm island rip off doesnt work!!!!!

The following worked for me. My Storm Island tab was greyed out after purchasing and downloading. But once you win 3 championships, (and my 3rd was Nice, France) it immediately opened the intro to Storm Island and put an icon on the map. I raced at Storm
    Island shortly after
  6. Mannergeim Win User

Xbox One will not turn on after latest update

Hey Ezra,

I have exactly the same problem. After recent update Xbox one won’t turn on. Tried everything to no avail.
Thema:

1. My Xbox won’t turn on after a storm - Similar Threads - won’t turn storm

2. i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...: This is a controller i had for around 6 months it’s a black xbox series x|s controller c3417b95-80cc-4374-b9ae-71a32eaf9e31
  3. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox 1S turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox 1S turn on?: I took it to a friends, used their power cable and it worked turned on, no problem. I bought a new power cable which worked at my friend’s house but not when I brought it home. Please help....
  5. My Xbox won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t turn on: My Xbox won’t turn on I have tried a new power supply an it still won’t turn on 8583ea3d-6e6a-4b13-a2a5-bd89c128c6b8
  6. why won’t my console turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won’t my console turn on: when i try powering on my xbox one s it shines on the immediately turns off with no chime and no fan spin fc893483-278f-4f7c-8159-335e9ea4a413
  7. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...
  8. Xbox won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t turn on: My Xbox X button will light up when I turn it on but the console will not start and nothing will show up on tv. It’s plugged in right and it just randomly started doin this...
  9. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...
  10. My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...: This has happened once before and I did try doing a hard reset on it which I think fixed it the first time, but this time it’s not working. It’s been discharged for a few months but last time I...