My Xbox wireless headset audio cuts out every few seconds.

Discus and support My Xbox wireless headset audio cuts out every few seconds. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When using my wireless Xbox headset connected to my Series X, the audio frequently cuts out every 3-5 seconds. What I mean is every 3-5 seconds, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CJ Peats, Jun 5, 2023.

1. CJ Peats
    CJ Peats Guest

When using my wireless Xbox headset connected to my Series X, the audio frequently cuts out every 3-5 seconds. What I mean is every 3-5 seconds, the audio will temporarily hitch. The audio will pause for a split second before resuming. This only happens when I’m not playing games (if I’m using my headset to stream a movie or watch YouTube the issue manifest, but not when I’m playing a game.) For reference, I’m sitting 6-10 feet away from my console. I live alone so there’s no unnecessary strain on my wifi or Bluetooth connections.

:)

CJ Peats, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi CJ!

When did this issue start to occur?
    Has it been like that since you used your headset?
    What steps have you tried so far?

For our basic troubleshooting steps, please power cycle your console. Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for few minutes. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

As for your headset, be sure to check for its firmware updates and also try performing a hard reset.
    I recommend that you follow all the troubleshooting steps on this link https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  3. TravisAndersen Win User

Sound Dropped Complelty from Xbox One

My sound dropped out completely in the middle of a video I was streaming. I have switched HDMI ports on my TV (where the sound still works), I have tried changing the sound settings in the audio options, I have unplugged and held the power button and eject
    button, I've even done a soft reset. None of this fixes my sound issues.

Can anyone explain why this is happening.
    Bruh the same thing has happened to me like it will cut out of both my headset and tv and ive done a hard reset on everything, switched hdmi cords, switched headsets, but after like a few minutes my audio would cut in and out again every few seconds
  4. DeclanBrooks Win User

Xbox Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

Small update - having updated the controller wirelessly yesterday evening with no result, I have seen a few suggestions of updating via usb cable. I’ve now updated the controller again via usb and when I plug the headset in now I get 1-2 seconds of sound
    before it cuts out the audio to my headset as well as the tv. I’m assuming it cuts out sound to the tv as the xbox sends it to the controller?

The xbox is also recognising my voice through the mic as my name comes up in party overlay.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Audio Cutting Out

Hi, this is to isolate the problem a bit more.

The options advised above aren't going to delete your installed games and apps.

You only need to sign in with your account after the factory reset.

I understand if you are not willing to follow the previous advises. In that case, the next step will be report this problem to the Xbox team:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Make sure to be as detailed as possible, this includes your current OS build, xbox model, headset firmware, etc. That helps to replicate easily the problem
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Audio Cutting Out

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this cdwebb0

Sorry to say but as far as I know is only possible to downgrade Xbox Controllers firmware.

We can try to isolate the issue a bit more, but first tell me... where are you experiencing this problem? On Xbox or PC?

In the meantime, may I know if you tried everything from this article?

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
Thema:

1. My Xbox wireless headset audio cuts out every few seconds. - Similar Threads - wireless headset audio

2. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  3. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly: Hey there! I have an Xbox Wireless Headset (just warranted a few months ago) and I stream games from my Xbox Series X to OBS-Twitch on my ROG laptop. Since November my headset has connected to the...
  5. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  6. No audio through wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through wireless headset: I might be highly uneducated on this topic and this question might sound really stupid, but here we go. I'm trying to connect a wireless USB headset to my Xbox One S console. I've connected the...
  7. When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled

in XBoX on Windows
    When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled: I just upgraded headphones from razer krakens to the new xbox wireless headset. When i use the xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets all muffled when i join a lobby with my friends or even...
  8. Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning: Hello and thank you for fielding this question in advance. I have had my wireless headset for 4 years now and has not given me any issue previously. However, recently I have had issues with...
  9. audio mixing on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    audio mixing on xbox wireless headset: I have the new starfield edition wireless xbox headset and I'm using it on PC with a xbox wireless adapter. Does the audio chat/game mixing feature not work on PC?...
  10. Xbox wireless headset no game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset no game audio: I've purchased the Microsoft xbox wireless headset, for use with series x console. Paired with the console just fine, but not getting any game audio The microphone works OK, no problems there...