My Xbox will not pair to my controller, any tips?

Discus and support My Xbox will not pair to my controller, any tips? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox controller is relatively fine, but the Xbox itself just refuses to let me pair, no matter how long I hold down the pairing buttons for. It will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jared Swallows, Feb 5, 2023.

1. My Xbox will not pair to my controller, any tips?

My Xbox controller is relatively fine, but the Xbox itself just refuses to let me pair, no matter how long I hold down the pairing buttons for. It will not connect with a USB-C cable either. I’m not sure what to do.

:)

Jared Swallows, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox console not pairing your cotroller.

Try doing a power cycle first and see if refreshing the system will help.

Turn off the console and unplug everything for 30 seconds.

Plug it back in and turn it on. Try to check if pairing will work already or not.

If you have other controllers, please also test just to isolate where the issue is coming from. If it is an issue with the controller or with the console.

If in any case this does not help, that would already be a hardware problem with the Xbox and would need a repair.

For repair services, register the console here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  3. Noahgriff Win User

Help to buy

Hello, you can pair an Xbox Controller via bluetooth to any device listed, see this link for information on how to do so and troubleshooting tips; t.co/xh7C60BHPD

I think it is any official Microsoft controller.
  4. Mystic26 Win User

Xbox controller

I have a similiar issue with my youngeat sons Xbox. The controller was paired as he was playing it,but in mid game play error shows control not paired,connect controller. The controller tries to connect,but the button on the Xbox doesn't seem to work.
    Any suggestions?
  5. Spazpol Win User

XBox One Controller on PC

Hi guys,

I was able to sync my xbox one controller to my Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, however when I go to turn it on now to play a game on PC, it powers on my XBox. Any way around this or do I need to have a separate controller for each platform?
    You would either need a seperate controller for the PC not synced to the xbox, or just live with the pairing. If you pair your controller with the USB wireless dongle it would force the pair to the dongle instead of the console. But then you would be require
    to re-pair the controller to the console when you wanted to use it there as well.
  6. Anxiiousiy Win User

Xbox Controller

My Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to my Bluetooth at all but it connects by USB to my computer, it also flashes when I click the pairing button and my Bluetooth is turned on, whenever I go to the pair devices and try to pair the Xbox controller
    it doesn't show up. Is there a way I can reset the controller without the console?
    Its suppose to flash when pairing also what are you trying to pair it to
Thema:

1. My Xbox will not pair to my controller, any tips? - Similar Threads - pair controller tips

2. Xbox X controller no longer pairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controller no longer pairs.: My Xbox ONE X controller no longer pairs to my console. It seems to be since it updated 14/04. I have tried all troubleshooting suggested and still doesn't work. It's not interference as was fine...
  3. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  4. Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb: My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the guide button to turn it on and it pairs to my...
  5. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  6. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  7. my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it

in XBoX Accessibility
    my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it: i have this problem since 8 month i tried almost everything changing windows 10 to 11 and get back to windows 10 when i connect my Xbox controller to laptop and my phone and it work perfectly...
  8. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  9. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  10. The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series: The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series. I press and hold the sync button on the Xbox controller and it starts flashing, but when I press the sync button on the X Series, the light...