My Xbox will not get off a Grey screen

Discus and support My Xbox will not get off a Grey screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox won’t get off a grey screen after powering up, and when it did about 1 week ago the games I tried loading up would take about 5 mins to get off... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ellis JT, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Ellis JT
    Ellis JT Guest

My Xbox won’t get off a grey screen after powering up, and when it did about 1 week ago the games I tried loading up would take about 5 mins to get off the first screen and when it does load up the game will crash 2 mins later, also, my controller will not stay on after trying to power up, please help

:)

Ellis JT, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Ellis, could you tell me what model of your console?

Have you tried updating the console via USB offline by downloading OSU1 from the website?

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. JosephLaRiviere Sr. Win User

Can't open anything on Xbox since the most recent update

I tried, but unless I unplug it, the Xbox will not turn off in anyway and goes to a grey screen
  4. floppy butts55 Win User

Xbox 360 freezes when Connecting to Xbox Live

my Xbox wont le me get past the grey loading screen. and when i disconnect the wifi and start the xbox back up, it does the splash logo and freezes on a black screen
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

New Xbox One User Interface

X1 not very theme friendly? Please... On the 360, the entire bottom-half of the screen was cut off by a white-grey cloud.
  6. Muffin Of Doom5 Win User

Grey Translucent Bar, Wont Go away unless reboot!

I don't have my console in power saving mode but I've been getting this same grey bar on the bottom of my screen as well as a long time (2-4 minutes or so) on a black screen immediately after the Xbox one logo when powering it on.
Thema:

1. My Xbox will not get off a Grey screen - Similar Threads - off Grey screen

2. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  3. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  4. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  5. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  6. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  7. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  8. eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...: no matter what i do storage wont tunr off its greyed out in stetting options ots weird 64702c04-374d-4ffd-ac47-4ca666ccc736
  9. headser chat mixer greyed out whenever i turn xbox off

in XBoX on Consoles
    headser chat mixer greyed out whenever i turn xbox off: I have bought a new headset and whenever i turn xbox off or unplug the headset the headset chat mixer goes to to the right and gets greyed out. I got it to work by slowly plugging the headset in...
  10. I peeled the grey sticker off and the code went with it!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I peeled the grey sticker off and the code went with it!: Uh hey i just got the halo Xbox one in the mail today installed it all well and good. when i tried to get the online game code from the back you have to peel the grey sticker off. When i did IT...