My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do?

Discus and support My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It has been a few weeks since this happened, it looks like I have this thing called the ''Green Screen of Death'' or GSOD for short. but ive heard that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TacticalBirb, Oct 16, 2017.

1. TacticalBirb
    TacticalBirb Guest

My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do?

It has been a few weeks since this happened, it looks like I have this thing called the ''Green Screen of Death'' or GSOD for short. but ive heard that people get an error code after a couple of minutes. I don't. When I power on my Xbox one it has the regular
    loading screen, doent load anything obviously, but than goes to a blank screen, I get confused. but I wait a few more minutes and than my Xbox One just turns off by its self. I switched to Rodgers a day before this occurred. I used to have bell. does that
    affect it? I need any support I can get. because Christmas is coming up and I don't want to get myself a bran new Xbox one,

:)

TacticalBirb, Oct 16, 2017
  2. IMPOSSABLANK
    IMPOSSABLANK Guest
    Xbox one stuck at startup screen

I tried to turn on my Xbox One and it got to the starting green screen that says xbox one. It stayed there for around 20 minutes before going to a black screen with nothing on it. After 10 more minutes on that black screen it turns itself off and then
    when I turn it back on it repeats.

IMPOSSABLANK, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Xbox One S Has Crashed

Hi.

I am looking for help with my Xbox One S I purchased less than two months ago. Yesterday I attempted to restart my Xbox one s & it wouldn't even turn off the screen just went off but I pressed the power button. Nothing. Made a noise as if it was turning
    off but it wasn't. I had to turn it off at the wall then turn it on.

I turned it on today and played f1 2015. I turned it off, watched YouTube and went back on. It froze then it made some weird noises which sounded like dust has gotten in, although it was quiet. It then turned itself on.

What caused it? Should I have been patient and let it turn off by itself yesterday?

NathanWigintonOK, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Have you followed the steps on our
    Xbox One Update Solution
    yet? That will list of all of the necessary steps for this issue.

Hope this helps!

Mister Beep, Oct 17, 2017
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Have you followed the steps on our
    Xbox One Update Solution
    yet? That will list of all of the necessary steps for this issue.

Hope this helps!
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Why is my Xbox cutting on then cutting back off? How do I fixed that?

What exactly do you mean?

Do you mean the console turns on, then turns itself off again? If so, does it turn itself off immediately after turning it on, or does it happen at random?

Or do you mean that the image on your TV/monitor cuts in and out with a black screen?
  7. MindyJackson1 Win User

Can not play game....

Yes a couple of times actually Me and my girls were playing the other night and got kicked off like three times and now we can not access the game at all. As soon as you hit the game, the screen will go black and after a couple of minutes the xbox turns
    itself off. Totally lost on what to do.
  8. Eric Barnard Win User

I did a factory reset on my Xbox one s, and now I have no picture or sound. What do I do

It is a black screen. I tried power cycling and it didn’t do anything. It did turn itself back off when I did it. I turned it back on. The power is still on but still a black screen
  9. CRob2 Win User

Xbox One FIX!, black screen after update 2021!

In the same boat as the above poster. Tried all methods as latest update black screened my Xbox one (original). What is going to be done or what to do in this event? Says I need to sign in from guide but screen stays black after Xbox start up screen. Only can pull up turn off restart options.
Thema:

1. My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do? - Similar Threads - went black screen

2. My Xbox Series S went black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S went black.: Hello, I was playing Elden Ring when suddenly my Xbox Series S went black. The console was still starting (xbox logo on it is glowing) but the screen stopped recognizing HDMI connection to the...
  3. Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...: I tried hard resetting several times, changing the hdmi ports/cables nothing works. Now my pc no longer connects to anything!!! My pc cost me $2000 HELP??!! 26e19f87-ded9-4284-a233-36f09ddbaf50
  4. My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...: I just turned on my xbox one in the morning and it became like this? I haven't dropped / hit it I just used it 10 hrs ago and it was working fine I have tried a new cable and a new port but it...
  5. Screen went black during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen went black during update: during latest update my screen went black won't. Start up. Tried getting to trouble shoot page nothing. Tried starting in low resolution nothing. Warranty expired but was the update that did it...
  6. My Xbox one went black screen The TV still works fine though

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one went black screen The TV still works fine though: Got home from work this morning and turned on my Xbox one to play a video game I started playing the game and it was like I had a black out occurred but it was just my screen I unplugged...
  7. Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.: Hi, all. So, I've had my device for a while now, (since fall of 2015,) so if it's dead or dying, I'm not exactly shocked. If it can be saved, though, I'm hopeful. On Saturday, (2nd of May) I...
  8. After reverting to the non-insider OS update, the screen went black and the light is...

in XboX Insiders
    After reverting to the non-insider OS update, the screen went black and the light is...: I left the preview build of the OS, and then went to update to leave the preview build, it was updating and everything was normal but the screen shut off and around 80 percent and now the light on...
  9. Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...: I went to play a game & it said it took too long to start multiple times & with multiple games so I pressed restart xbox & the screen went black and it didn’t restart at all so I unplugged the...
  10. screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds: hey so i recently got my xbox one x and first time instaling disks so i installed 3 xbox 360 disks no problem then i put in black ops 3 a xbox one disk it started to download and a update poped up...