My Xbox turns on by itself?

Discus and support My Xbox turns on by itself? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I live alone and For some reason every night my Xbox turns itself on. Help? 7ea3de45-ea6b-4106-b60e-c633046210c5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vixlens, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Vixlens
    Vixlens Guest

So I live alone and For some reason every night my Xbox turns itself on. Help?

:)

Vixlens, Oct 21, 2017
  2. LastEnderguy
    LastEnderguy Guest
    My Xbox one turns on by itself

For about a month now, my Xbox has been turning itself on. I can go to sleep and when I wake up, it is on. I can't go anywhere without my Xbox turning on. (Xb 1) Please help me. It is freaking me out.

LastEnderguy, Oct 21, 2017
  3. JackSean2K15
    JackSean2K15 Guest
    My Xbox One turns on by itself.

I have had this problem a lot. My Xbox sometimes turns on whenever I am not using it. Microsoft please help me, and if anybody else can help, please do so that would be great.

JackSean2K15, Oct 21, 2017
  4. RedAO
    RedAO Guest

I have same problem, in Brazil, it's now 4:25 AM, I woke up and my console was on, it's the third time that this happens. I have the build insider, I'll try to uninstall to see!

RedAO, Nov 20, 2017
  5. AJ Perez Win User

My Xbox turns on by itself

I had the automatic updates enabled. I thought it would behave like a PC, automatically checking for updates as a background process, not like a scary sentient robot, waking up on its own to check with the overlord's update system!

Anyway, I disabled both system and games auto updates when I read your answer, and so far so good. It's been 3 weeks without turning itself on, so it seems it solved the problem. Thank you!
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

My Xbox is turning itself on

Hey there Pixie! If you have tried all the available troubleshooting, we would recommend taking a look at getting your console repaired. Please take a look at our "How to get
    your Xbox product repaired
    " guide and follow the steps there to set up the repair online. Let us know if you have any questions about this process. Thanks!
  7. Haakan Win User

My Xbox is turning itself on

I had this problem with the the XBOX360 S - just cleaned it with a cloth and it worked
  8. Nursemorph Win User

My Xbox turns on by itself

Others have reported this in the past and the consensus was that it is related to updates...the system will wake at a certain time to check for updates or to download them. Not sure if there is someway to stop it besides turning the power off at the wall
  9. RedAO Win User

I have same problem, in Brazil, it's now 4:25 AM, I woke up and my console was on, it's the third time that this happens. I have the build insider, I'll try to uninstall to see!
Thema:

1. My Xbox turns on by itself? - Similar Threads - turns itself

2. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  3. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  4. Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.: After turning on the Xbox series S the unit will quickly turn off. 1e2a70a3-3633-4bf6-bc94-01f24d670f4d
  5. Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on: [img] My cousin got a new xbox series s last month, he started playing with it (mainly EAFC 24). After a while, specifically last week he started having issues with the xbox restarting mid game...
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  8. my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24: my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24 ca6de670-e7ea-40c5-96c4-5e30c4622f95
  9. Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?: The last few nights my Series X has been turning itself on multiple times around 5-8am. I see it’s on when I wake up and have to get up to turn it back off. Anyone else? submitted by...
  10. My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games: Hello my Xbox Series X is turning itself off randomly when playing certain games the main game at the moment is Call of duty when I I bought this Xbox it worked fine but all of sudden for certain...