My Xbox turns on by itself in the middle of the night

Discus and support My Xbox turns on by itself in the middle of the night in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I also have this problem, my Xbox turns on in the middle of the night. For two nights in a row now. I can't turn it of fina while with the main power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BuckledHurdle18, Mar 9, 2017.

1. My Xbox turns on by itself in the middle of the night

I also have this problem, my Xbox turns on in the middle of the night. For two nights in a row now. I can't turn it of fina while with the main power button son I have to unplug it. I tried to ignore it the last time but then the open tray sound started
    so I had to unplug the Xbox. The Xbox has Kinect and internet connection. Any ideas why this happens?

:)

BuckledHurdle18, Mar 9, 2017
  2. Twizted Pro
    Twizted Pro Guest
    Xbox Keeps Turning on by Itself

For some reason my Xbox One will turn on by itself and doesn't seem to shut off all the way despite having the "instant-on" setting turned off. I'll sometimes wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning and find my Xbox running for some reason.
    Please help me fix this it's very annoying.

Twizted Pro, Mar 9, 2017
  3. Capt Smiley
    Capt Smiley Guest
    Xbox One turns Itself on for no reason

My xbox one console has begun turning itself on by itself. This started started a few days ago, and it's still happening. It turns itself on in the middle of the night and when no ones home. At first I thought it was related to the remote but that's not
    the case.

I have no idea why this is happening now or what's causing it. I would appreciate any suggestions that you folks may have. Thanks.

Regards,

Capt Smiley, Mar 9, 2017
  4. My Xbox turns on by itself in the middle of the night

Hey, Buckled!

Sorry to see your Xbox 360 is trying to become sentient! In cases where the power button likes to decide what it wants to do, it's generally dirty. Depending on which type of 360 you own, there could be different issues here.

If you have an physical button as your power button, there's a chance that there might be something behind it that is causing it to not work when you press it and turn itself on when it feels like it. If you check out our

Xbox 360 No Power Solution
    wizard, select "Original Xbox 360" as the first selection. Second page will ask you to press the eject button. Regardless of what happens when you do that, click "Yes" on that page. This will bring you to steps on how to remove
    the face plate on the console. Follow the instructions there to find out if your face plate needs replaced.

If you have the touch capacitor power button, it might be dirty. You can clean that off with a bit of rubbing alcohol to see if that fixes it. If not, follow the steps in the wizard linked above for the "S console". You may need to get your console repaired
    if it doesn't help you out.

Let me know how it goes! I'm happy to get you in the right direction if you get stuck on any of these steps. My Xbox turns on by itself in the middle of the night :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Mar 10, 2017
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, Buckled!

Sorry to see your Xbox 360 is trying to become sentient! In cases where the power button likes to decide what it wants to do, it's generally dirty. Depending on which type of 360 you own, there could be different issues here.

If you have an physical button as your power button, there's a chance that there might be something behind it that is causing it to not work when you press it and turn itself on when it feels like it. If you check out our

Xbox 360 No Power Solution
    wizard, select "Original Xbox 360" as the first selection. Second page will ask you to press the eject button. Regardless of what happens when you do that, click "Yes" on that page. This will bring you to steps on how to remove
    the face plate on the console. Follow the instructions there to find out if your face plate needs replaced.

If you have the touch capacitor power button, it might be dirty. You can clean that off with a bit of rubbing alcohol to see if that fixes it. If not, follow the steps in the wizard linked above for the "S console". You may need to get your console repaired
    if it doesn't help you out.

Let me know how it goes! I'm happy to get you in the right direction if you get stuck on any of these steps. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Démarrage console est mise à jour [Console startup is updated]

Hi There,

No, it is not normal for your Xbox to turn itself on in the middle of the night. And for the cutting off during an update sometimes the Xbox needs to restart during an update so that is normal, but if it is turning off and not restarting during an update
    that is not normal.
  7. Rebeldx81 Win User

XB1 turns itself on in the nights

lol the xb1 is in a totally different room, if it could hear me from upstairs id be amazed, specially cos kinnect barely understands me when im in the same room lol

xbox go to WWE network ...... opens media player :S lol
  8. Rebeldx81 Win User

nope no pets

ALTHOUGH i have narrowed it down, it only happens if i turn the XB1 off via voice command ...... if i switch it off using the controller, i have no issue
  9. XCELRATE Win User

"you are xbox dreaming" in your sleep! or just talking in your sleep.

LOL!!!
Thema:

1. My Xbox turns on by itself in the middle of the night - Similar Threads - turns itself middle

2. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  3. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  4. Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.: After turning on the Xbox series S the unit will quickly turn off. 1e2a70a3-3633-4bf6-bc94-01f24d670f4d
  5. Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on: [img] My cousin got a new xbox series s last month, he started playing with it (mainly EAFC 24). After a while, specifically last week he started having issues with the xbox restarting mid game...
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  8. my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24: my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24 ca6de670-e7ea-40c5-96c4-5e30c4622f95
  9. Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?: The last few nights my Series X has been turning itself on multiple times around 5-8am. I see it’s on when I wake up and have to get up to turn it back off. Anyone else? submitted by...
  10. My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games: Hello my Xbox Series X is turning itself off randomly when playing certain games the main game at the moment is Call of duty when I I bought this Xbox it worked fine but all of sudden for certain...