My xbox special edition controller randomly has a button that went out

Discus and support My xbox special edition controller randomly has a button that went out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Annnnnnnd apparently no one can do anything about it. I talked with one support rep (Daniel U.) who was incredibly difficult and wanted me to perform... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Winterkill007, Apr 4, 2018.

1. My xbox special edition controller randomly has a button that went out

Annnnnnnd apparently no one can do anything about it. I talked with one support rep (Daniel U.) who was incredibly difficult and wanted me to perform several unnecessary steps for over an hour on my Xbox before telling me that my controller (less than 4
    months old) was out of warranty. He then offered to connect me to a supervisor but instead just disconnected.

My next agent, Reiner M, was great. Understood where I was coming from and tried his best to help me. Unfortunately, Microsoft can't help with replacements for special edition controllers. Which means - if one is defective you have NO RECOURSE to get a replacement.
    Pretty upsetting.

I've been a Live member for 12 years. I've owned at least at least 2 of every xbox ever released (up to the one X) - Reiner suggested I post this and so I am. Im not sure what can be done but I hope that I get this issue taken care of.

:)

Winterkill007, Apr 4, 2018
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    EggsBoxJuan, Apr 4, 2018
  3. robnyack
    robnyack Guest
    day one edition pre order should get a free mic

what you are not happy with the special commemorative controller that has "Day One Edition" stamped on it?? LOL

-

I see there is no pleeeeeeasing you, Mr. Powers.

-

I'm joking of course....I was all psyched about getting a "special" controller with my purchase until I found out just how "special" it wasn't. :-/

-

I did get my special achievement unlock though. Someone had a cool idea, I thought...if you pre-order you get a special avatar tee that says something to the effect "Day One Edition". Let you know who among your friends is coming along for the ride.

robnyack, Apr 4, 2018
  4. My xbox special edition controller randomly has a button that went out

Send it for repairs for buy a new controller is only going to be the option

JerrminRangwani, Apr 8, 2018
  5. JerrminRangwani Win User

Send it for repairs for buy a new controller is only going to be the option
  6. MithrilFlame Win User

Do you have any Xbox collector items?

Totally. I love my Special Edition Minecraft Xbox One S with the Minecraft sounds and the redstone on the bottom :)

And the Creeper controller that came with it!

My favourite controller is my Special Edition Sea of Thieves controller. It looks SO good :)
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox one white Elite controller

8. Saul Goode77 Win User

XBOX ONE [The official thread]

I can't wait for a special edition to come out...Anyways, having a launch day console kinda is like having a "special edition", it has the words "Day One" written on the controllers lol. And I think there's a background also included.
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox one controller Dots inside A, X, Y, B

Hi picklekisser99,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

I'm assuming you are referring to the Sport Red Special Edition controller. The dots inside the face buttons merely designate the colors of the corresponding buttons on a standard controller. Since all of the face buttons are red on that specific controller,
    the four dots are just an added feature to indicate what the original colors of the buttons are. On a standard controller Y is yellow, B is red, A is green, and X is blue. They have no special functionality, they are just part of the controllers design. The
    Sport Blue Special edition controller follows the same design.

I hope this answers your questions!
Thema:

1. My xbox special edition controller randomly has a button that went out - Similar Threads - special edition controller

2. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  3. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b
  4. Installed Special Edition of Red Dead 2 but none of the stuff you get in online is showing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Special Edition of Red Dead 2 but none of the stuff you get in online is showing...: So me and my boyfriend game share and he has the special edition, where I don’t but I was able to download the special edition add on. It downloaded, and it shows I have it downloaded and it’s...
  5. Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC: I know we can now specify where to install games from the Microsoft Store. I know in the past, you couldn't use mods on Skyrim or other games due to them being installed into an encrypted folder....
  6. What special power-ups or abilities do you think would enhance the gameplay experience?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What special power-ups or abilities do you think would enhance the gameplay experience?: In Wing Fighter, and how would they contribute to the overall excitement of the game? 6e948aaa-4cbc-48f8-a14b-074424abcf3d
  7. My sons Hotmail was hacked on his xbox . He is special needs and was conned into giving his...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons Hotmail was hacked on his xbox . He is special needs and was conned into giving his...: Hi my sons email and account has been hacked on his xbox . He is special needs and was conned into giving his email and password . Can you help restore it or shut it down ?...
  8. Why are achievements for Skyrim special edition not unlocking???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are achievements for Skyrim special edition not unlocking???: I’ve only just noticed that achievements like ‘the fallen’ ‘taking care of business’ and others haven’t unlocked even though I completed the quest very early into my play through...
  9. Skyrim Special edition Raven Rock Owner Achievement not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Special edition Raven Rock Owner Achievement not unlocking: I have no mods installed and I’ve completed both March of the Dead and Served Cold which Prompted Councilor Morvayn to give me the property but I still haven’t received the achievement what should...
  10. Endgame to fix sync issues with series x with Elder Scrolls V Special Edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Endgame to fix sync issues with series x with Elder Scrolls V Special Edition?: I’ve done it all with no resolve. b57eab0f-499d-441a-b73d-ae2a15a30cff