My Xbox Series X won’t select anything

Discus and support My Xbox Series X won’t select anything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I try to press to go onto a game or try to basically press anything on my Xbox I can see that it’s pressing on the screen to try click on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by y0itsdanni, Dec 12, 2022.

1. y0itsdanni
    y0itsdanni Guest

When I try to press to go onto a game or try to basically press anything on my Xbox I can see that it’s pressing on the screen to try click on something but it’s like the action isn’t registering. I press A to click onto a game but nothing happens, same if I try to turn my Xbox off or quit a game, it presses it but doesn’t perform the action, can someone please help

:)

y0itsdanni, Dec 12, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We may need to reset the console keeping your games and apps via the Xbox Troubleshooter page.

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  3. y0itsdanni Win User

Update: I’ve tried a hard reset and it’s still not working
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xbox Series X Dissapointment

Did you sign up for the Console Purchase Pilot through the Xbox Insider Hub like the article that you linked says to?

"If you’re interested in potentially buying an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, you’ll need to hop into the Xbox Insider Hub and sign up for the Console Purchase Pilot through there. Good news if you signed up last time and weren’t selected: Microsoft says that you’ve already opted into this round and won’t need to do anything for the chance to be selected again."
  5. SaltyOnion32 Win User

Is Microsoft going to make a mic and camera on the next system?

Given that connect was not that much of a success it probably won’t have one but they haven’t said anything if you will be able to use an Xbox one connect on Xbox series X so hopefully you can
  6. 4thWardATLPONYTAIL Win User

Game won't update

My Xbox X series just said update an I pressed update console but it won’t update
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X won’t select anything - Similar Threads - Series won’t select

2. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  3. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  4. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  5. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  6. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  7. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  8. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  9. My Xbox series S won’t system update.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S won’t system update.: It keeps saying there’s a problem, but I’ve reset it twice and I’m unable to do an offline reset. Please help? 99e3bf41-b1e5-4752-a78f-662da4740462
  10. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...